News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will this work?

Started by ramseybella, April 26, 2010, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

FUEL LEVEL GAUGE can this be used on a Steamer replacing the dummy light?  

http://www.jcwhitney.com/classic-series ... 20520.jcwx

Mustang

nope !

you would still need a fuel level sender in the tank that outputs  Empty=240 Ohm, Full=33 Ohm
the sender in the steamer tank is just a switch that sees a certain level to turn the light on   :(

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"nope !

you would still need a fuel level sender in the tank that outputs  Empty=240 Ohm, Full=33 Ohm
the sender in the steamer tank is just a switch that sees a certain level to turn the light on   :(
:x

Sin_Tiger

Full = 0 miles
Empty = 200 miles

:oops: sorry not meaning to sound sarcastic as I'm probably as bad a gadget geek as anyone here. The roadie has a meter but I don't entirely trust any bike meter. I have the same experience with level gauges on LPG tanks in cars, just use the trip meter and zero it every fill.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

my light comes on between 210 - 225. i like the gauge though. 8)  hey sin - check your pm.(sorry for the high jack)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

My light comes on between 175 and 200 unless I start the bike on sidestand, then it's like 150.

I like to think my bike has two reserves.  Light and real.

I finally need to switch around 225 usually, but it scares me every time I do.  I think the carbs are fucking up again. :evil:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Full = 0 miles
Empty = 200 miles

:oops: sorry not meaning to sound sarcastic as I'm probably as bad a gadget geek as anyone here. The roadie has a meter but I don't entirely trust any bike meter. I have the same experience with level gauges on LPG tanks in cars, just use the trip meter and zero it every fill.

+1  :thumbsup

By 200 I'm looking for the warning light and convincing myself it's not working properly - even though it lights every time I turn the ign on....  then I fill up and find I've got 4 or 5 litres still in there.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Make like Steve McQueen in the Great Escape.  When you pull up, open the filler cap and shimmy the bike between your legs.  If you hear fuel swilling about then keep going!  :wink:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ramseybella

Quote from: "nickcalne"Make like Steve McQueen in the Great Escape.  When you pull up, open the filler cap and shimmy the bike between your legs.  If you hear fuel swilling about then keep going!  :wink:

Got it!!