News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

B***er, B****, F***, and B***er again

Started by Timbox2, March 22, 2010, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Tigger fell over yesterday, OK I'll own up, twat here parked her facing uphill while cleaning her,. It all happened in slow motion, I saw her start to roll back, dragging the side stand,and I remember thinking nonchalantly, she'll stop in a minute, she did, when the side stand went up over a bump and pitched her sideways.

Well the touratech engine bars did their job, as did the R/H Hand guard, and the R/H footrest, and the headlight guard, and the MRA screen, ohh yes and finally the handlebars are also toast.

Most expensive wash shes ever had, about £300 to put right so far, no panel damage mind, I must be blessed, with no brain it would seem :oops:
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

OOps, I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Damn, I know how you must be feeling.  I've not had Tigger lie down (there's tempting fate)  but the 'Bird did once.

I am obsessive (about lots of things, bordering on OCD most of the time) in this case leaving her in gear if parking on any sort of slope, turning the engine off, letting the clutch out, letting her roll back or forth until the engine stops her, then leaning her onto the sidestand.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Damn, I know how you must be feeling.  I've not had Tigger lie down (there's tempting fate)  but the 'Bird did once.

I am obsessive (about lots of things, bordering on OCD most of the time) in this case leaving her in gear if parking on any sort of slope, turning the engine off, letting the clutch out, letting her roll back or forth until the engine stops her, then leaning her onto the sidestand.

Me too normally, dont even know why I didnt this time, took me eye off the ball so to speak, probably wont do it again though, but only probably :lol:

Only money in it, luckily Im flush this month, sorry, was :evil:
2016 Tiger Sport

Geoff D

Oh sh*t, bad luck mate ... bet you're sick as a parrot  :cry:

I was lucky last year, took a couple of lads from Essex out around our local roads & came down Sutton bank a bit too umm quickly & met a car & caravan across the road :shock: (caravans are banned from Sutton bank, its too steep) there was no way I could stop so I aimed at a gap where 2 blokes were pushing the caravan. I just about managed to scrape through, stopped to have words with said driver & didn't put the bike in gear I was half off it when it fell....... :roll:  luckily a bloke was on hand to help...

We've all done it, don't beat yerself up
The older I get the faster I was...

Advwannabe

Exactly, we've all done it, dont feel too bad.

An old friend visited last year and let's just say he was too 'generously' proportioned to ride the Daytona, so I stick him on Tigger to go for a ride ( he has a bonnie at home) despite the safety breif, at the first stop over he went, busted collar bone......

If you are new to Tigger riding, please be careful..
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Exactly, we've all done it, dont feel too bad.

Some of us more than we'd like to admit  :oops:  :roll:  now I make sure it falls in such a way as to bolck the path of other vehicles, then I'm sure of getting a hand to pick her up  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

kev w

I was exceptionally lucky last year, parked in a supermarket carpark on saturday afternoon. Usual routine of stand down, getting off with weight going onto stand but guess what...stand hadn't gone all the way down so ended up with the weight of the bike on my left knee (sounds weird but no way was she going down!!) and I was stuck! was just about to let her go when a guy caught the weight and prevented the drop. Tiger back upright and he disappeared, didn't get to say thanks but blimey was I grateful and very lucky. Needless to say I check the stand everytime now.

Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Exactly, we've all done it, dont feel too bad.

No way! Lies, all lies!!

2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

EvilBetty

Ouch.  Why is it that our toys always get damaged right after a cleaning.  Some of the worst body damage too all my vehicles has occurred RIGHT after a detailing.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

rf9rider

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Ouch.  Why is it that our toys always get damaged right after a cleaning.  Some of the worst body damage too all my vehicles has occurred RIGHT after a detailing.

Easy answer to that one, don`t clean them.  :lol:

EvilBetty

That's just disrespectful :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

durant

What's this about cleaning?

oxnsox

Gaijin... I would have asked that cleaning station to turn down the pressure on their washers... :oops:
(Well it might have made you feel a little better..)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~