News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rattly headers

Started by Timbox2, December 24, 2010, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ive had an annoying rattle for a while but its only since Ive had the bike up in the garage that Ive managed to trace where its coming from and it seems to be from inside the headers, just below the lambda sensor, so is there a CAT on UK bikes or anybody else have any ideas.

Cheers peeps and a Merry Christmas to you all, Happy Holidays to our US brothers, Im off to collect the Mother In Law, oh joy :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

WestTx955i

the shield? put your finger on it when you hear the rattle.

Timbox2

Quote from: "WestTx955i"the shield? put your finger on it when you hear the rattle.

I thought so too, but I took it off and its still there, definitely coming from inside where the 3 pipes go into 1.
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

its not double skinned at that point, perhaps the inner has rotted and left the outer. The Suzuki Bandit downpipes were double skinned (one set of tubed inside another), when the inner tubes failed there was a terrible rattle.