News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

chain issues on my '99

Started by dag221, August 24, 2004, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dag221

I need a chain for my '99 Tiger. Anyone thats had a good or bad

experience with a certain brand of chain I would love to hear about it.

Not sure if it's in the manual or not so if someone could pass on what

type/size I should buy I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the very basic question.

Dwain

Georgia, USA

Yellow '99

Badger

Quote from: "dag221"I need a chain for my '99 Tiger. Anyone thats had a good or bad

experience with a certain brand of chain I would love to hear about it.

Not sure if it's in the manual or not so if someone could pass on what

type/size I should buy I would appreciate it.

Sorry for the very basic question.

Dwain

Georgia, USA

Yellow '99

The size is 530 and it has 114 links. My favourite chains are DID 530VM X ring. These last really well. Don't forget to change the sprockets at the same time.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

Zig28

I have a brand new, never used DID 530V O-ring chain, 114 links I will sell.  I ended up needing a 120 link chain because the previous owner had a bigger back sprocket than stock and I didn't realize it.  The online store i bought the 114 link chain from wouldn't take it back.... Contact me offline at mailto:zig28@att.net">zig28@att.net if you're interested.

Zig28

I have a brand new, never used DID 530V O-ring chain, 114 links I will sell.  I ended up needing a 120 link chain because the previous owner had a bigger back sprocket than stock and I didn't realize it.  The online store i bought the 114 link chain from wouldn't take it back.... Contact me offline at mailto:zig28@att.net">zig28@att.net if you're interested.