News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Whistling fuel tank!

Started by rf9rider, April 10, 2010, 09:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

After my first ride today, got back home in the garage, up on the centrestand, then a few minutes later, the tank is whistling and whining!
Not so bad on the sidestand.
Seems the tank is pressurised, undo the gas cap and a sudden whoosh of air..............
I`ve checked the breather vent, thats not blocked, so any ideas Chaps?

rybes

mine used to so that jus parked up in the garage. i spent hours lookin but could never find the reason. i put it down to the bike cryin cos it had been put away in a cold dark garage and not out on the open road eatin miles :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ArcticTiger

My -98 is the same. The wistling comes on when the temperature changes, eg. when the sun comes out of a cloud and shines on the gas tank. Guess its the went?
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Bixxer Bob

My Trident used to do it too.  I seem to remember something about a breather valve ... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

the whistle means the vent in the gas cap is working ...........it's when you don't hear it whistle anymore you have troubles

rf9rider

Thanks all, guess thats another Tiger "quirk" i`ve learnt  :lol:

aeronca

check your vent dude. mine did that and eventualy pluged causing my bike to die at the worst times(i.e. rush hour trafic). i'll find a thread i posted a few years ago, about this very subject. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NeilD

mine does the same.. reminds me of whale songs!!  :D  try sitting out in the shed with it with the lights off, very relaxing, maaaan!  :D

Mustang

on a hot summer night you should hear what three of them sound like in the garage............whhhhhheeeeeeeeee.  sounds like a school of beached whales  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

ramseybella

Weeping and Moanin like a Banshee!!

I walked around my yard looking for the location than I sat next to my bike on the front porch and WoW! its Wailing like a Baby.

These Bikes are Strange?

I will be Weeping and Moaning if I don't get these Carbs cleaned and Valves set soon I wan't to ride. :cry: