News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle Body - Parts 885i Year 2000

Started by moose, April 12, 2010, 04:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

While changing air filter and just having a "mooch" around I noticed on each of the throttle bodies there is a black pipe, kind of semi rigid.  One of them has split at the bottom - The boot area where it attches to the throttle body.

Am I right in thinking these are vacum hoses, or are they something else.  Also would anyone happen to know where I can find a part number for these as the dealer cant seem to find them on there system.  

On the picture please ignore the writting and arrows as I borrowed this from the internet to show what I mean.  The hose in question is the one that runs from the right of the middle body in the picture and goes diagonaly up and left.

Sorry about my mechanical know how or lack of it  :roll:

If this is split could it cause problems and what possible problems, should it be replaced?

Thanks

Timbox2

Im pretty sure the hoses you are talking about are the idle control valve  hoses,( The black plastic unit with white plunger top r/h of picture) so yes, if any are split it can really upset the running of the motor.

PS: Obviously I meant the other R/H top of picture :oops:
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Moose, our TBs are nothing like those,  ours have the pipes going to the same side as the IACV (the odd shaped black lump on the left) and there are three of them.  Tim is right, any leaks in this area would cause lumpy running so before you tear into your throttle position sensor (other post) get this leak fixed.  If your stealer can't get you the right pipes, try a scrappy. The TB adjustment on ours is covered in an excellent post by Evil Betty - as Mustang says, "Search is your friend"
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

moose

Thanks very much for the reply

I will have these fixed and see what happens from there