News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant change

Started by cochris, April 14, 2010, 02:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cochris

I offer nothing to this site other than stupid questions. Anyone willing to give an idiot's guide to changing coolant? I've read there are 2 drain bolts.. Picts would be great... :oops:  :oops:

cochris

Mustang

yep 2 drain bolts the bottom drain bolt is the top left water pump bolt
and the second drain is a bolt at the base of the cylinders on the left hand side. they can both be identified as they have copper crush washers

and you need to remove the gas tank because it is next to impossible to get coolant in the radiator and see what you are doing with the tank on

Hittman

anyone know the coolant capacity?

Colonel Nikolai

Mustang what's the suspension rig you got there?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Hittman"anyone know the coolant capacity?

Haynes manual says 2.8 litres.

akendall1966

To add my tips...

Leave one of the ( bottom for me ) drain plugs in, then get a hose pipe in the pressure/filler cap and run water through it to flush out the system. I did my 98 last year and it took a good few minutes of flushing before the water ran clear.

Second - if your in a hard water area like me, buy a 5 litre can of distilled water use that to mix up your coolent, unless your buying premixed stuff. That will fill her up and leave plenty for future top ups.
----AK-----

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Mustang what's the suspension rig you got there?
Ohlin's shock with remote reservoir .............no longer available :cry:

cochris

Thanks a bunch, guys. I do appriciate it!