News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Touch-up Paint for 955i engine covers needed

Started by markreck, March 31, 2010, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markreck

Hello,

The paint on my 01 Tiger engine covers has pealed away in a few spots. Has anyone found a good spray can solution to touching these up? If so, what kind of surface prep was needed (priming?).

Thanks,
Mark R

moose

I know in the uk at certain vehicle accessory shops (Halfords) you can by tins of spray paint that can tolerate ultra high temperatures, specificaly designed for painting engines and exhaust systems.

I know that does not help you here but im sure it's also available

Rob

BruKen

Do not use ultra high temp from halfords. It's not fuel proof, not quite black (more sooty) and does a better job on the zorsts. (Been there) A plain high heat enamel would do better imo

moose

Quote from: "BruKen"Do not use ultra high temp from halfords. It's not fuel proof, not quite black (more sooty) and does a better job on the zorsts. (Been there) A plain high heat enamel would do better imo

To be honest I have never used it, just know they sell it, for future reference I will listen to your advice and stay away  :wink:

iansoady

Mine hasn't peeled but I've just used ordinary cellulose (with a camel hair brush) for a few chips and it works fine.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

akey

PJ1 do a satin black engine paint that is pretty much a good match for the tiger - its what I am using at the moment.

blacktiger

I've used ordinary black Hammerite on small stone chips when first discovered. Don't know how it would fare if the cases were corroded or how it would look on a large area but it has stayed put where I've used it.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.