News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Double ended box wrench 27mm and 24mm

Started by tett, April 27, 2010, 03:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

Anyone know where to get a good box wrench with one end 27mm and the other 24mm.  Preferably a lighter alloy as I want to take this on long rides for emergency use should I need to remove tires.

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I got a set of these BestRest hex heads but it doesn't look like they do a 27mm sadly and I'm not sure that thickness of plate would handle the torques needed.

It's a solid compact idea though, you might be able to get a local engineering shop to CNC a 27mm one along with  side lugs from thicker plate and then get the three bits welded together.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tett

Or, make one out of Titanium!    Would go nicely with my AeroStitch titanium tire irons.

Now I am excited.:P

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I got a set of these BestRest hex heads but it doesn't look like they do a 27mm sadly and I'm not sure that thickness of plate would handle the torques needed.

It's a solid compact idea though, you might be able to get a local engineering shop to CNC a 27mm one along with  side lugs from thicker plate and then get the three bits welded together.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

daveb

how about something like this

http://www.campinguniverse.co.uk/Carava ... Brace.html

I'd guess its got a 1/2" or 1/4" drive. possible it would fit inside a top box or possibly fit it to a pannier rail, but it would mean you would need to carry a could of sockets.

iansoady

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Tomsblutiger1

I just ordered this on Ebay to do the back axle and adjust the chain.  Don't have it in my hands yet, but should be easy to take on the road.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

2004Tiger

I have seen something similar with the hex changeable to other sizes. You could carry various size inserts. Heavy though, with the ratchet mechanism.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

tett

Thats a nice one.  I still want a wrench that will do both wheels.  It would be nice if it were also light.  I have found titanium ones but at about $500 I think I'll pass.  I know Snap On has steel ones for about $70.

Cheers,

tett

Quote from: "Tomsblutiger1"I just ordered this on Ebay to do the back axle and adjust the chain.  Don't have it in my hands yet, but should be easy to take on the road.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger