News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

More Bikes

Started by EvilBetty, April 26, 2010, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

I'm wanting to expand my collection :)

I'm waiting a track day bike.  I'd love it to be a Triumph but the consensus seems to be that if you would like to have money left over for food, make it a Suzuki SV650.  So I'm looking for a track ready one on eBay.

For around town I would really like to have a S3 or S4.  600, 675, 1050.. doesn't matter if the price is right...  Right now that price is about $3k.

So I find this one.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1688857349.html

I give the guy a call and he only recently purchased it from a Triumph dealer in Elderado Springs and has no idea of the service history.  It has an Scorpion exhaust on it.  He did say it's pretty much flawless except the headlights are not original.  He said Elderdo Triumph seemed to think the previous own had "hit a gate" and could not afford to put the OEM lights back on it.

With that in mind with a Tiger I could go down and see what else was damaged, if anything...  Best I'll be able to do in this case is see if the jerky cut off harnesses that may prevent me from putting the OEM lights on when I find them.  But not if other parts are missing behind the gauges or lights.

At that price though, I'm thinking about it.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

JetdocX

You don't need to license a track bike.  Headlights are a non-issue IMO.
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Nice bike.  Bloke I used to work with had one. He loved it.  8)

If your local circuit is all straights you might need to think about fairings though...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

EvilBetty

Ooops.  Looing for two different bikes.

Looking for an SV650 for the track.

And a nice S3/S4 for around town.

Nick Calne

aaaahhhh! Understood!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

EvilBetty

I think I need the track day experience to get it out of my system before I'm out on the open road... Who'd a thunk (before they owned one) that the Tiger would be so temping to "play" on!

I don't know much about it though... I just want to do it  :twisted:

Heartland Park is the nearest track to me I think...
http://www.hpt.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=69

JetdocX

Take your Tiger out there:

Well worth the coin to find out just how far you can safely push the big pig. 8)
From parts unknown.

aeronca

thats my new screen saver :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca"thats my new screen saver :lol:

Yup, that's copied  :occasion14
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Awwwww!  I'm gushing!   :lol:
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

Quote from: "JetdocX"Take your Tiger out there:

Well worth the coin to find out just how far you can safely put the big pig. 8)

Oh I plan too... just not as hard as I'll push something with frame sliders and $100 racing plastics :)

JetdocX

I dare you to find $100 race plastics! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

LOL.. what I meant (tired) was that I'd rather shell out $100's...  instead of the $1000's it would cost to replace a set of Triumph plastic :)