News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

connecting airbox to carb

Started by richmond, April 30, 2010, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richmond

OK, sorry sir, consider myself reprimanded  :oops:
Looks like the carb out again..great..

Any tips on removing the pilot? I tried with a screwdriver but it was stuck fast - couldn't get it to turn at all, either way - is this common?

Mustang

Quote from: "richmond"OK, sorry sir, consider myself reprimanded  :oops:
Looks like the carb out again..great..

Any tips on removing the pilot? I tried with a screwdriver but it was stuck fast - couldn't get it to turn at all, either way - is this common?

make sure you have a screwdriver blade that fits the pilot jet good and snug ...check the fit on one of the pilots that you can unscrew ........try tapping on the top of the screwdriver with a hammer while turning the screwdriver

turn counterclockwise ............if you strip the head of the pilot jet you will be in deep shit , but you need to get it out of there because I bet it is plugged .......it's a really tiny hole

rf9rider

A little heat might help.
Top tip i heard was to wrap a rag soaked in boiling water around the part of the carb you want to loosen up.
I wouldn`t be using any sort of flame to heat it up though.  :shock:

Sin_Tiger

Hairdryer, just don't tell your missus  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Hairdryer, just don't tell your missus  :wink:

Along the same lines, I have a heat gun paint stripper - ideal for heating small items, heatshrink tubing etc, but more powerful than a hairdryer so care must be taken not to burn anything nearby.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

richmond

Got the pilot out, and yes you were right - it was completely blocked up. I haven't got time right now to put everything back and test it - I will have to wait to the weekend - but it is looking good!
I'm pleased a didn't buy new coils (for the time being anyway..)

Thanks all!

richmond

Bike running fine again!! Just back from a test run into the mountains - big grin back again...I won't be setting light to it just yet.
Thanks for the help!