News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keihin Carb Hoses connections?

Started by ramseybella, April 29, 2010, 08:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Been three weeks since I pulled the Carbs off my 98 and I know the locations of two hoses one to the gas (lower connection) one to the tank vent underneath (upper hose) but Brain fart has me wondering the location of the third tube (upper hose) off  the other Carb??
Help.. :roll:

Mustang

no hoses from the carbs hook to the tank vent ............if you do you will fill your float bowls with water in the rain  :shock:

the hose from the nipple on the bottom of the tank just routes down the frame and hangs out the bottom by the shock . that is the drain line for any water that can get in around the gas cap and is not the tank vent either . the tank vents thru the gas cap itself .

the two vent hoses for the carbs just wrap up over the airbox and hang down behind the airbox

ramseybella

WoW!!
Glad I asked I looked at the tank sitting in the shed outside and the hose was still attacked to the vent, I guess I should have looked at that first to jar my ageing mind, so what are the hoses that run over the air box do? (Had to ask)

Sucks when you have little time to do work on your bike you forget little things that could add up to a big mess.

Thanks Mustang for pulling me out of the weeds again. :wink:

Pete

Mustang

Quote from: "ramseybella"WoW!!
 so what are the hoses that run over the air box do? (Had to ask)

Pete
they are just vent lines / overflow tubes .................when the kitty takes a nap gas will pour out of them unless you have a california bike then it will have a carbon canister and tip over valve

Bixxer Bob

When in unfamiliar territory with a spanner, digital photography is your best friend.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...