News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advanced Rider Traing

Started by tett, May 02, 2010, 02:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

Today I took an advanced rider's training course.  Put on by the Goldwing Riders Association.  For the course I took my Valkyrie.

Wow!  Want a great day.  I have been riding for over 30 years and I had no idea on how much there is still for me to learn.  Proper power braking, proper counter steering,  manoeuvring, and the list goes on.  A tough day and a couple of wings did go down (slowly) but a great day.

If you have never taken an advanced riders course find one and take it.  Something all riders should do once a year!

It was a blast scraping pegs fast around tight corners.  :lol:

Cheers,

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

In association with the Insititute of Advanced Riders our bike club at RAF Wyton puts on a slow riding course every year.  After laying out the cones and other restrictions etc we walk the students round the course to comments such as "I couldn't push my bike round here let alone ride it..."  It's great to see their confidence build throughout the day until they are riding the course as if they were born to it.  And yes, the brake training is a bit wide-eyed and white-knuckled but still great fun.

The hardest bit is recruiting students as, however you play it, slow riding doesn't have the same pull as a track day.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

In association with the Insititute of Advanced Motorists our bike club at RAF Wyton puts on a slow riding course every year.  After laying out the cones and other restrictions etc we walk the students round the course to comments such as "I couldn't push my bike round here let alone ride it..."  It's great to see their confidence build throughout the day until they are riding the course as if they were born to it.  And yes, the brake training is a bit wide-eyed and white-knuckled but still great fun.

The hardest bit is recruiting students as, however you play it, slow riding doesn't have the same pull as a track day.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tett

A lot of our riding was "slow" riding but we were encouraged to gun it into the turns.  Some of us were able to get good speed before cornering. :P

The braking was also done at good speed and the course was wet.   :shock:

Cheers John!

tett

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"In association with the Insititute of Advanced Motorists our bike club at RAF Wyton puts on a slow riding course every year.  After laying out the cones and other restrictions etc we walk the students round the course to comments such as "I couldn't push my bike round here let alone ride it..."  It's great to see their confidence build throughout the day until they are riding the course as if they were born to it.  And yes, the brake training is a bit wide-eyed and white-knuckled but still great fun.

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

rybes

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"In association with the Insititute of Advanced Motorists our bike club at RAF Wyton puts on a slow riding course every year.  After laying out the cones and other restrictions etc we walk the students round the course to comments such as "I couldn't push my bike round here let alone ride it..."  It's great to see their confidence build throughout the day until they are riding the course as if they were born to it.  And yes, the brake training is a bit wide-eyed and white-knuckled but still great fun.

whens ya next one bob ? ive always fancied a go at one of these.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

No date fixed yet, I'll track down the guy who organises them and find out what's happening. :wink:

rybes

nice one cheers mate :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"The hardest bit is recruiting students as, however you play it, slow riding doesn't have the same pull as a track day.

Oi might be slow but I'm not 'ard of 'earing.  :lol:

Actually I find riding slow more of a challenge and in many cases more rewarding when you master it, I am really looking forward to learing U turns :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint