News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

dismantling a scott oiler

Started by rybes, April 18, 2010, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin :D has anyone dismantled a scott oiler ? i know they used to do thid service but they dont any more. mines fulla dirt n sludge n needs a good clean out.

cheers :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

KuzzinKenny

Hey rybes !! you should find loads of help here............

http://www.scottoiler.com/forum/default.asp

good luck !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

rybes

cheers Kenny. ill have a look throo that tnite  :D  :wink:

rybes

well i got it dismantled. wernt a bad job jus had to be bloody careful with it.
heres some pics n a rough guide on how to do it.

ya gunna need either a knife from the kitchen or a small flat bladed screw driver, some kind of cleaner. i used paint thinners. a couple of big nuts rag and lots of paitence.

ive yet to find out if it works or not yet. ill let ya know as soon as i got the bike finished :D

Bixxer Bob

Good post Rybes, I might get round to cleaning my two if I ever get that far down the list.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

cheers bob. was fiddly but hopefully worth it :lol:

Skidpan

It's not clear from the pix, so forgive me if I missed it. When I had a prob with flow rate on mine, I spoke to Scottoiler at a bike show, and one of the guys said to look carefully where you prised the top off, and you will find a little raised D shape, and there is a matching one on the top itself. Align these two befrore you prise apart. I did, and it came apart ok. The best news was that after giving it the once-over, the adjustability of the flow rate was much improved.
The Obo Scribe mutters at http://obotosobatmas.blogspot.com/

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: "Skidpan"It's not clear from the pix, so forgive me if I missed it. When I had a prob with flow rate on mine, I spoke to Scottoiler at a bike show, and one of the guys said to look carefully where you prised the top off, and you will find a little raised D shape, and there is a matching one on the top itself. Align these two befrore you prise apart. I did, and it came apart ok. The best news was that after giving it the once-over, the adjustability of the flow rate was much improved.

your right mate, its not clear from the pics. i did try to take a pic of that bit but me camera wouldnt focus in on it. i tried n tried with no success so i done the only thing i could, i gave up :lol: