News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Joe Rocket Survivor Suit

Started by flaco, April 27, 2010, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flaco

I've just spent £54 to send my Aerostich Roadcrafter to the USA for renovation. Thing is, I know it's going to cost me that much to get it back, plus whatever the chaps in Duluth estimate the repairs will cost. For what I'll probably end up paying, I could possibly buy a new Joe Rocket Survivor Suit.
Anyone tried one?
Anyone know if they're available in the UK? I've searched everywhere. No luck.
Don't get me wrong. I covered over 30,000 miles in the 'stich, including a trip to Berlevag and back through Finland and Eastern Europe, and it never let me down except for leaking badly in a monsoon-type downpour.
But I'm just wondering.
kernow bys vyken

aeronca

i ordered one a while back, and was really dissapointed in the size's. the suit it self was really cool. they really put alot of thought in it, but i just could'nt get one to fit me. i ordered an XL which fit my lower well, but my chest was too tight with the liner. sent it back for the XXL and it fit like a clown suit - way too big. in hind sight, i should have kept the XL and removed the liner. i would recomend the suit, just make sure you measure your self many times and buy it based off you chest size. i have a 47 inch chest wich put me in the XXL range, but my waist is 34 inch which put's me in the XL range - and there is a big difference between the two. in the end im going with the joe rocket 7.0 ballistic jacket(smoking deal at newenough.com http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7720 ) , and pant combo. good luck .   eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Timbox2

Quote from: "flaco"I've just spent £54 to send my Aerostich Roadcrafter to the USA for renovation. Thing is, I know it's going to cost me that much to get it back, plus whatever the chaps in Duluth estimate the repairs will cost. For what I'll probably end up paying, I could possibly buy a new Joe Rocket Survivor Suit.
Anyone tried one?
Anyone know if they're available in the UK? I've searched everywhere. No luck.
Don't get me wrong. I covered over 30,000 miles in the 'stich, including a trip to Berlevag and back through Finland and Eastern Europe, and it never let me down except for leaking badly in a monsoon-type downpour.
But I'm just wondering.

I asked Joe Rocket about this, and they told me they would be in the UK around May/April, checkout http://php.tranam.co.uk
2016 Tiger Sport

flaco

Thanks for your help, chaps. Aeronca, sorry about your experience. Hope everything turned out ok. Timbox2, I followed your link and I think I might have tracked them down. I'm going to have a look on Monday at SmartRiders in Christchurch. 360 mile round trip in Bank Holiday traffic- should be fun.
I'll let you know what happens.
kernow bys vyken

Timbox2

Quote from: "flaco"Thanks for your help, chaps. Aeronca, sorry about your experience. Hope everything turned out ok. Timbox2, I followed your link and I think I might have tracked them down. I'm going to have a look on Monday at SmartRiders in Christchurch. 360 mile round trip in Bank Holiday traffic- should be fun.
I'll let you know what happens.

Let us know what you think, Ive never tried a 1 piece before, but it looks quiet nice.
2016 Tiger Sport

flaco

Rode up to Christchurch, found SmartRiders, tried on the suit, bought it. £299. Put it on, packed the Hein Gericke Cruise suit I'd worn on the outward journey under a cargo net and rode back home, 188 miles, weather decidedly chilly. The Joe Rocket, with its thermal liner in, felt much warmer than the Hein Gericke, and is a snugger fit. I'm 6'2'', with long legs, and the XL fitted me a treat.
I've since ridden once in light rain, and while the suit hasn't really been challenged in the wet (yet), the design, with generous gussets and waterproof zips, looks efficient. It's draughtproof and tough, with armour which feels secure and in the right places.
On the whole, I'd recommend it, with reservations. The neck is very uncomfortable. It's cut very short and tight and puts a stranglehold on me, with a popper that coincides with my Adam's apple. I have to wear a neck gaiter and leave the popper undone. The wrists are fastened with a piece of velcro the size of a postage stamp. It's much less convenient to put on and take off than the Aerostich, and you can't really take it off without removing your boots.
But it's very warm, it's tough and looks good, and seems to be completely waterproof- which the 'stich never was. I reckon it's good value. So far.
kernow bys vyken

Timbox2

well done mate, its actually further for you then me here in South Wales, thanks for the write up, Im gonna wait for the local people to get it in and have a look.
2016 Tiger Sport