News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of a newer Tiger

Started by EvilBetty, May 05, 2010, 08:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxnsox

Thought you might keep it in Family... and upgrade for Patties Blast perhaps???
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilBetty

I'd like to but even lowing it an inch or two wouldn't put it low enough for her to feel secure on it.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mustang

Quote from: "EvilBetty"The bike has about 7500mi on it.  It has had the head, pistons, sleeves, and rings replaced due to the piston recall of the early 2007's.  Bike was burning oil and on inspection the sleeves were scored.

:?: So let me get this straight...................you are going from a Tiger that burns oil to a 2007 that already has a history of burning oil ? Are u sure about this ?

EvilBetty

Well that's why I created this post lol.  I'm not sure at all.   :BangHead

walker

cheaper, newer, closer! (only a 10 hour drive back.... )

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/1723082285.html

well, it's a dealer, so who knows what fees they would try to charge. Might not be ABS or have some of the other stuff, but so what?

factory bags and at least the center stand. Ad is also in cycletrader, but the mileage is listed about 1000 miles more (7700 or so). Talk them down! Offer cash!

EvilBetty

That's a BIG so what.  Those items are must have's, and buying without means the price would need to drop a lot more than $300 so that I could acquire them.

walker

so talk them down some more!  They might go down some - or might even give you a great offer on a trade in.... you never know!

the pannier kit is about a $1000 option once you get everything for it. Something else to consider - it's the only reason I mentioned it.... that, and it probably has it's motor intact :wink:

top box, heated grips, TOR would run $1000 I bet. About even there.... so the only difference would be does it have ABS, and the difference in price on the windscreen.... so tell them you're looking at one with more stuff, and ABS, and if they can come down $xxx then you'll do it.

Seemed like a reasonable deal to me, but I'm not buying it  :D  (got too many now).

Either way you'll have a new one soon!

EvilBetty

ABS is also a must :)

redbirds

Consider something other than the Triumph panniers. There are far better options.
Living vicariously through myself.

EvilBetty

Already bought a set of the OEM panniers.  I'm sure there are better options, but I like the OEM look and fit.

Sin_Tiger

You've got it now  :shock:  :wav  :worthless
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

LOL no I don't do anything in order....

I pick up the bike Saturday...  We're leaving Friday morning to drive out to western CO.

Got the pannier infills today lol.

oxnsox

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilBetty

Hell of a trip.  Picked it up in SE Colorado.  Rode back over the Continental Divide.  Some GREAT roads.  Then I70 the rest of the way home. :roll:

Sin_Tiger

Holy sh1t it's got a hairy chest  :lol:

Bet you had a hoot, one pic I wouldn't have posted up personally but I guess that proves it   :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint