News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Suspensions

Started by Sasquatch, May 13, 2010, 03:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

EvilBetty,
What dont you like about my work?  What experiences have you had?  I strive for happy customers, and so far I am virtually 100%.

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Sasquatch"EvilBetty,
What dont you like about my work?  What experiences have you had?  I strive for happy customers, and so far I am virtually 100%.

I think he's talking about the link I posted about the upgrades a fella did to his Roadie's suspension, not your work Sasquatch. You should read that article, though. The guy spent $4k on his suspension upgrades.

I'm still lovin' my "Suspensions by Sasquatch" rear shock you did! I even carefully slid the sticker that came with it underneath the spring to stick it to the shock body, I'm so happy with it.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

EvilBetty

LOL I'm so sorry... I was referring to the specific upgrades in the article chosen by the author, not your upgrades.  I whole heartily agree with your suggestions.  If I could afford it I would tear down and send my forks and shock to you now!

I am having to take it in small steps with my budget.  I got 1kg Race Tech springs installed at Cafe Racer in Kansas City just this Thursay.  Great improvement but on the trip down here to Jasper with luggage attached it was apparent I need a rear spring as well.  Preload is maxed, so the rebound is suffering.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

johnwesley

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I don't agree with a single one of his upgrades but yeah, I agree the stock suspension sucks if you're over 150lbs.

I just had 1.0Kg Race Tech springs installed in the forks,  and that alone has been a tremendous difference.  I think a stronger spring on the rear is next.  Solo with the pre-load maxed it was OK, but with luggage on today it was way too soft.

with the new shock and cartridge conversion your looking at a new anaimal. Say a tiger with sharpened claws. I am having a cartridge insert put in my bike with the extrenal adjustment and then a custom built rear shock. I know what to expect as I have done a very simular thing on the KLR and its not even the same bike. I hope for the same improvement on the tiger