News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How you feel about your Tiger

Started by Bob Tosi, May 26, 2010, 06:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

I walked out of a store tonight on the way home and saw my Steamer sitting there and thought.....There'd only one of these in my town.....Damn that is a really bad ass looking bike!  It makes me feel powerful when I ride it.  Sounds silly I know but I love my Steamer.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

JetdocX

Yes.

Edit:  Until I ride into your town. :P
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

I walk out to the garage and it (now they) make me smile.  Every time.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

BigMark

My Tiger makes me feel inferior.. :D

"im not worthy, Im not worthy"   :notworthy

Sin_Tiger

Frustrated  :(

One in bits and  :cry:
One in Scotland   :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Just buy another SIN, to get the set.....
You leave it too long and you might have to buy 2.  :?
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Calne

I love mine too.  

It feels similar to a range rover to my mind.....  High riding position, big, strong, torquey, robust, on road, off road, comfy for passengers etc...

Am seriously thinking about letting my beautiful '99 Daytona go to allow me to pick up another Steamer.

Anyone want to buy a Daytona?  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sabertooth

When I take my bike for granted, someone stops their own bike to pull in next to me at the gas station to say "WOW, that's an incredible bike!"  OR some guy walks over and says "you don't see many women riding a bike like THAT!"  OR some woman comes over to say "that's the prettiest motorcycle I've ever seen!"  It's impossible to forget that I'm riding an awesome piece of design and machinery for long.

I'm actually still giddy about it.  LOL  We sold our convertible Camaro (with a gas guzzling, Corvette engine) before buying the bike.  I LOVED that car!!!!  My husband asked, if you could have the Camaro back or keep the Tiger, which would you rather have?  Hands down... the Tiger.   :XXsunsmile

Jane
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

EvilBetty

I never get that being a guy.  

I get the curious looks at my Lucifer Orange tiger, but the ego's of a Harley heavy area prevent any further investigation on their part  :lol:

EvilBetty

Quote from: "95tiger"Most comments come from old guys ....who used to ride a triumph

EXACTLY... they see the name on the side then start talking about their old bike wondering where in the hell Triumph went wrong with your "Tiger" monstrosity :)

Sabertooth

My husband says he never gets any comments on his 1050 Tiger either.  When we're together, all the attention seems to go to my bike.  He commented on that a few rides ago.  My license plate probably invites people to talk to me more.

A couple weekends ago, we were at a stoplight and a truck pulled up next to Scot and asked him what he paid for his bike, though.
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "oxnsox"Just buy another SIN, to get the set.....
You leave it too long and you might have to buy 2.  :?

Please, I'm in enough trouble  :D

QuoteIt feels similar to a range rover to my mind.....

Got 4 of those too and unsurprisingly all off the road too  :roll:  see I told you I was in more than enough trouble   :cry:

QuoteMost comments come from old guys ....who used to ride a triumph

Old Guys Rule  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

macgart

Mine makes me very happy for several reasons.  

1) Because I'm part of a very special community

2) It takes me everywhere I want to go, on road, off road, dirt tracks, et.al.

3) Old guys always ask about it and then begin to reminisce about the "old days".

4) 40K miles and it still runs like a top.

5) It's unique

6) It has real character

7) That triple sound

8) It's just like me; it ain't perfect, but it is lovable    :lol:
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

ArcticTiger

After a looooong icecold winter and spring, I have now been out riding the Tiger again :D . Very often when I stop for gas or a leg stretch, people stop by and comments that I have a nice bike, and that its a seldom seen bike!

And how I feel about it and riding it? Its like being a Male Cat during Springtime :love10
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Chris Canning

You know thats an interesting heading,the problem being 'I've just bought a Tiger it's the best thing since sliced bread' jeeze i've read a million times,only to be followed 12 months down the road with some old tosh about why they have sold it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've had my 955 9 years this year,bought new and much modified,but when it come to covering ground ie anything between 300 to a 1000 miles there is nothing,absolutely nothing that will come close to it,and i say that with 3 other bikes in the garage that all have their plus's,and hence why untill another bike turns up capable of taking it's place it is used sparingly,with a mate who owns a Ducati dealership I must get round to riding a Multistarda.

What i do find interesting despite what you hear from the GS lot very rarely do you find a walker and talker,i recently bumped into a couple of GS guys who were prepared to show what they'd got,baring in mind i was two up and fully loaded,against two GS1200's both one up and no luggage,the next time they come across a Tiger they'll be very wary  :wink: