News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How you feel about your Tiger

Started by Bob Tosi, May 26, 2010, 06:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

With the wife on back my little beastie doesnt even seem to slow down going through the gears.  She's a gem
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

BigMark

I think the Girly and Steamer are ;

1) "Marmite bikes" to the motorcyclists
2) Strange looking yet somehow both attractive and interesting (like Barbra Streisand) to everyone else..

BIG BILL

Tigers, "hhmm", can I just say I have owned over Twenty bikes since I started riding, my last bike a Yamaha Fazer 1000 and "ooooh" was that fast and comfortable but had no soul.
I have never missed a bike before but have loved a few, till I got back on a Tiger I realised what Iv'e missed, these bikes have soul and more, fastish comfy and bring a smile to my face every time I look/ride it.

Yes I can honestly say they are the best bike in the world.

BIG smiling BILL :)  :)  :)  :D
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

ackme

Like EB, I smile smile every time I walk in to the garage and see my Tiger.  

I came to riding late (50) and have only been riding a few years.  I started out on the bike of my youthful dreams, a Honda Nighthawk (well, its descendant anyway  :lol: ) but once I had learned enough to ride for longer jaunts it quickly became apparent I needed something with more leg room.  

I don't know how I lucked into the the Tiger and the deal I got but I sure have not regretted it.  When I first got the bike I knew it was way more bike than I had the skills for.... but that motor  :shock:   I was hooked.

I know the Girly is this big ol' goofy looking thing - even more so with me on board!   :oops:   But it is so cool to know I have all of this capability at my disposal.  I don't have the experience with multiple bikes like many of you.  So I will just have to take for word for it.   :hello2

ack
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

2005 955i Tiger, British Racing Green- plenty of umph

jphish

I owned a Tiger 110 back in 65'  (Geez - where'd my life go ?... ) & was looking at Tigers again when I bought my Uly. (No regrets - its a collectors item now) but the Tiger kept scratching at my consciousness. So last year when a pristine 06 silver w/ 3K mi, was 'on the block' - I just couldnt resist. I looked at a Roadie, but too close to the Buell in looks & function. The Girlies do have a kinda 'goofy' appearance, with that deflated camel hump gas tank, but thats also their attraction. Ya certainly don't see one on every corner. I've only run into 2 locally (figuratively speaking) while passing about 10,000 HDs. The Palmer brackets & screen do provide alot better wind protection & add a bit more of an ADV bias to its looks. I got it primarily as a "spare" for when the Uly has a mechanical  upheaval. But got to appreciate the Tiger so much, now I just alternate. Now I'm in luv with 2 bikes -  Hmmm - must make me a poly sumthing??

Kooba

'06 in black.attractive bike in its own way.Highly practical in many,many ways.Only Tiger for miles around.How do I feel about my Tiger? I F#@Kin love it!
Current bike: 2006 Triumph Tiger (Black)
First bike: 1974 Honda XL 100
Other bike: 1978 Kawasaki Z650

rybes

hmmm, ive owned my tiger now for bout 8 years. i love it. never given me no greif till the coils broke down, even started when it was under a foot of snow :D. i used to talk to it even when it was covered up in the garage for the last few years. kept tellin it, dont worry your time will come and it has :D in thanks for all of the great ridin ive done on it ive stripped it down and slowly rebuildin it. hopefully be back on the road in the next few weeks (money permitin:( )
cant wait till i got it on the road again n show these sunny day sports bike riders how to ride a bike by goin round the inside of em on bends scrapin the side stand as i go :D roll on that day.

what can i say i love my tiger !!
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Advwannabe

Quote from: "nickcalne"I love mine too.  

It feels similar to a range rover to my mind.....  High riding position, big, strong, torquey, robust, on road, off road, comfy for passengers etc...

Am seriously thinking about letting my beautiful '99 Daytona go to allow me to pick up another Steamer.

Anyone want to buy a Daytona?  8)

Blasphemy!

I look forward to every trip to the garage. If it's along haul, gravel road trip or exploring with my wife it's Tigger and it still looks good, even with the new Adventure bikes around the place.

But for those days midweek when the beautiful roads around here are empty nothing hauls arse like the Daytona. Sure there are faster bikes but I've yet to find another sportsbike that can still hang with the dayglo crowd, trackday and log a 1000 kilometer plus day if the mood takes me.

Edited to add: I love the way old men and little kids want to talk to me about Tigger and young women stop and talk to me about that amazing snot green paint.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

jonathan jaecks

...hate looking at the goofy thing, but love riding it.  Wish there was an easy way to get a better front suspension bolted on.

Recently spent four 500 mile days carving up Colorado at 2x speeds with a couple friends (who are both more than capable on the twisty stuff) on their 1050's, started the ride jealous, finished it very much satisfied that in the sub-90 mph stuff the 955i is still rock solid. ...have now removed my hero pegs.

Spud

so so ugly yet like an old mutt so faithful, four years old now and will stay with me until the hips give out and I can no longer get my leg over the old girl, then me and her will suffle of the the old folks home :cry:

BUT until then she will give me wide rides, some good times and loads of memories :D

enjoy cheers Spud

Madruss

Some statements of great insight, not to be as so bold as to say, profound.  :><
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Madruss

Quote from: jphish on May 30, 2010, 03:16:44 AMI got it primarily as a "spare" for when the Uly has a mechanical  upheaval. But got to appreciate the Tiger so much, now I just alternate. Now I'm in luv with 2 bikes -  Hmmm - must make me a poly sumthing??
I love the phrase "mechanical upheaval"
Just tidying up pre Christmas jobs before New Year.
Then the "Granite steamer" will hit the road fully licensed, as it's our summer down here
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!