News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ECM access code for 885i??? *updated with tune impressions*

Started by macgart, April 14, 2010, 10:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

No it's 955i but the early one (spoked wheel).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

macgart

Thanks for the replies.  There is a sensor in the airbox.  I'll check the hose to the ECM.  I'm due to service the air filter anyway.  

It does run smooth, just doesn't have much pull until about 6k+ rpm.  It felt much stronger at lower elevation.  It starts easily and runs fine, no surging etc.  When I give it a handful, it builds rpm steadily and consistently but does not feel strong until close to 7k rpm.  Hence the multiple downshift for passing.  

Again, it could just be me.  Or, the 885 just doesn't have the torque the 955 and 1050 have.

Again, thank you all for the kind and knowledgeable replies.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

Bixxer Bob

Sensor in the air box is for air temp....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

macgart

I cleaned my air filter today and didn't notice any hose going to the ECM or any place for a connection to the airbox.  There is a sensor, as BixerBob noted and it was connected.  

She is running well enough considering the altitude, so I'm just gonna quite worrying and ride.

Thanks all.
99 Tiger "Goldie"

Bixxer Bob

Next time you have the tank off have a look at the rear right side of the airbox above the oil vent hose which is underneath (the electrical air temp sensor is at the front right).  You should see either a grommet with a white plastic elbow in it and a black plastic tube going from the elbow under the frame rail or else a hole blanked off of some sort.  If the hole is blanked off there's shenanigins afoot.  If the hose is in place follow it back.  Now go to the ECM under the seat at the rear (the alumnium box with two big plugs connected to it - one grey one black).  On the right front you'll see either a black plastic hose connected to it with a short length of rubber pipe or - if nothing at all - a recessed hole.  Inside the recessed hole is a tube that the rubber hose should push over.  That's the air pressure sensor.

It sounds as though some monkey has removed your pipe and elbow for some reason.  In any event, you say it's flat below 6k revs; it'll run better if you put it right.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

That's a MAP sensor then? Do the 885i's run the same arrangement?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

True for 955i, dunno about the 855i, although I'm pretty sure they use the same Sagem ECM.  I'll do some more digging when I get back tonight.

macgart

Thanks for the detailed explanation Bix.  I'll do that soon.  I'm heading out to Moab today for a week or so.  I may have time to look at it while I'm down there.  I'll post up what I find and any pics if relevant.  

Now I'm just curious.  

Resetting the trims definitely cured my gas mileage problems.  I have ran through a couple of tanks since then and I'm back to 45+ mpg on average.

Thanks much for the continued responses.  I like to know as much as possible about my bikes.
99 Tiger "Goldie"