News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork measurement

Started by rf9rider, August 26, 2010, 05:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Can someone measure there Steamer forks, from top of fork (level with top yoke) to axle centre, with the forks on the bike?

Something i forgot to do before i swapped mine.  :oops:

R0B

Do you need it with sag...........or off the ground?

Rob

rf9rider

Just the measurement with it on the sidestand will do.  :)

R0B

86cm, 860 mm :-) cheers

Rob

rf9rider

Cheers Rob.
So allowing for the different size front wheels, my Tiger front end is now a couple of cm`s higher.

R0B

I like the sound of that..................no buggering about with the rear.......worst case scenario, my springs are a bit tired!!

rf9rider

Rob, looking at mine and sitting on it, even with the flat front tyre it still feels about the same as it did with the original forks.

The forks do seem a bit stiffer, although only tested by holding front brakes on and pushing down on them.

Can`t wait for the new tyre to get here, trouble is its Bank Holiday weekend, everywhere  is closed until Tuesday. :roll: