News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A little tire education please

Started by Bob Tosi, June 08, 2010, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Mudhen"Gotta throw in my .02 here.

I run TKCs on my street wheels...got 12k miles front/rear on my last set.  16k front/9500rear on the last set on my GS.  So how you ride makes a huge difference to your mileage.

Your roads must be made of rubber, no idea how you get that sort of mileage out of any tyre, do you use the throttle and brakes? :shock:

Mostly I think it's because I'm not a big 'twisties' rider.  My miles are commuting on the slab...or off roading.  And I'm probably a lot lighter on the brakes and throttle, too.  Not sure if pressures enter into it...but I typically run around 25psi...if you're wearing the center of a tire too much you reduce the pressure, right?  :wink:
\'96 Steamer

Sin_Tiger

I managed 20k kms on the Anakees fitted to the Vara, she's a beefy old girl and I do like to ask her to pick up her skirts from time to time  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bob Tosi

What kind of pressures are you guys running when you go off road?? Bumpy , gravelly forest service roads......?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

JetdocX

Front 23 rear 25.  But I really don't air down that much anymore.
From parts unknown.

liddell

I have run anakees on my dakar which I have found to be great in the wet aswell, when my tires need replacing, I will run them on the Tiger as well.

does any one run two sets of rims, road tyres and offroad???
Jas Liddell
Triumph Tiger 2002 955i (Black)
www.liddell.com.au

Mudhen

Quote from: "liddell"I have run anakees on my dakar which I have found to be great in the wet aswell, when my tires need replacing, I will run them on the Tiger as well.

does any one run two sets of rims, road tyres and offroad???

I do.  I run TKCs on my stock wheels for the street...48t sprocket on that rear.  And I run 1.85x21 / 2.75 x 18 for the dirt...with MT21s or D606s....53t sprocket on that wheel.
\'96 Steamer