News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Motad venom end cans

Started by GavD, June 12, 2010, 08:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Just fitted a set of Motads Venom cans and link pipes. Was wondering if anyone else has and if they've done any rejetting. Mines a '98 with keihins and I'm thinking of putting in a K&N filetr too. Any recommendations?
I'd love to start her up to see what they sound like but the engine cases are at the sprayshop......... damn.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

no I've not fitted them as everytime I bid on a set on ebay, someone else 'wants' them more than I do...  :D

dunno if it helps but I've just fitted a set of Triumph 'off road silencers' to my Thunderbird Sport and a K&N (with keihins), and after a carb balance it runs great right through the rev range, just some slight popping on the overrun.. I think the UK models are set slightly rich from the factory ?

GavD

He's got a couple of sets on ebay now with starting price £30 less than i paid 10 days ago!! I was the only bidder on my set. They fit OK, took me about an hour to get the straps into the right shape. I also had to cut a couple of slots into the link pipes where they join the original headers so they would clamp down enough.
The only thing wrong was that there was one of the removeable baffles missing, so I've emailed him to get another sent out.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

yep they've been appearing regularly, and I noticed a few have gone at the maiden bid price, just not when I bid!!!  :D I shall have another go...  :wink: