News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for old o2 sensor eliminator thread with pics

Started by oradbaforpsoft, June 12, 2010, 03:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradbaforpsoft

Can anyone direct me to the thread showing where to plug in the 76423006 oxygen sensor eliminator? I recall seeing one with photos that was really easy to understand. Just bought one and wanted to install for my 03 955i.
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

Goober

I only remember seeing something on it over at triumphrat.net.

A quick search brings up this:
http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technic ... ypass.html

However, it's not for the Tiger.  :wink:
2005 Silver Tiger

walker

shouldn't be too hard, follow the wires from the sensor itself, they can't be too long.... it replaces the plug on the sensor side.

Bixxer Bob

The plug  / socket for the O2 sensor is on top of the cylinder head among the wiring for the injectors etc usually on the left side.  Easy way to find it is follow the lead up from the sensor till you met a plug / socket joint and voila!! Wiring loom side has 4 wires: white, black, grey and black with an orange dash.

In case you were wondering the tank has to come off to get to it.  But then again, doesn't it always??? :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

n4naked

i installed mine without removing the tank....but i do have small fingers.

oradbaforpsoft

The dreaded Tank removal.  As a self-proclaimed noob I am sure to scratch the tank, break a fuel fitting and probably have parts left over when all is said and done.
This forum and triumphrat.net is what keeps me repeating the mantra..."what one man can do another man can do"
I will probably try without the tank removal first - then scrape my knuckles, curse a little and start following the tank removal procedures.
Thanks for all the help.
Ride it like you stole it!

Timbox2

I have a feeling that on certain earlier models Tank removal isnt necessary, dont know when the change point is though, Chris(Wingers) bike is the early one and I remember him telling me that he can get to the plug real easy on his.
2016 Tiger Sport

n4naked

mine's is a 05 955i....took about 15 mins, but i got there  :D

n4naked

Quote from: "oradbaforpsoft"The dreaded Tank removal.  As a self-proclaimed noob I am sure to scratch the tank, break a fuel fitting and probably have parts left over when all is said and done.
This forum and triumphrat.net is what keeps me repeating the mantra..."what one man can do another man can do"
I will probably try without the tank removal first - then scrape my knuckles, curse a little and start following the tank removal procedures.
Thanks for all the help.
Ride it like you stole it!

i am a complete amateur.....i have removed (and replaced) my tank and it's not that bad.

oradbaforpsoft

So I found software that will let me program the ECU to switch off the o2 sensor - TuneECU - If I go this route and disable the o2 sensor via the software,  do I even need to use the o2 sensor eliminator fix ?

Bixxer Bob

You can't do it on the Sagem ECM in Tuneboy, but I don't know with this software, I'll have a play with it later if I have time.

Why do you want to?   (I have a feeling I know the answer to that already) :roll:

BTW,  this looks like a godsend for all that don't want to spend on Tuneboy... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"You can't do it on the Sagem ECM in Tuneboy, but I don't know with this software, I'll have a play with it later if I have time.

Why do you want to?   (I have a feeling I know the answer to that already) :roll:

BTW,  this looks like a godsend for all that don't want to spend on Tuneboy... :D

I found this info on a Rocket III forum, plus the freeware, and it seems like TuneECU does have a selectable option for my yune - 10120 and 10121 where I can disable the o2 sensor.

Also, I am not sure that my which ECU my 2003 uses  - (955cc Tiger up to VIN # 206546 ) see http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/Tune_List.html, but I will find out for sure once the bike to laptop cable arrives.

Some reasons I want to do it (Install the O2 eliminator - I have the plug in part in hand):
1) Having the Tiger start and run on the first try - since new it starts and runs a few seconds before dying - the second start is always good.
2) Less surging and a smoother ride
(Use TuneECU)
3) Getting a TOR exhaust and I want to upload the 10121 tune without paying $75 to the dealer
4) Thought it may save me touching the hardware if the software can accomplish the same thing.
5) Various (unnamed/as yet undecided) performance improvements inspired by the farkling gods.

I found the RIII forum when I was trying to educate myself about my new Roadster, the day after I ordered the dynojet o2 sensor eliminator part. I am hesitant to mess with the roadster right out the door, but after reading all these forums, I think I would like to have a go at resolving the problems the dealers don't recognize after 7 years.

Yes - it looks like a godsend!

Bixxer Bob

I've had a quick play with it today.  It connects up ok using my Tuneboy cable and allowed me to read the map from my ECU with no probs.
I then went on to change the tune in my spare ECU which Tuneboy wouldn't let me do without another $100 key.  It had a daytona map in it but I replaced it with a stock ofraod map for the Tigger, again it was straight forward so this is indeed a big leap forward for anyone wanting to not pay the dealer for a re-map.

A word of caution though; before you go playing with the values in any of the maps, be very sure you know what you're doing.  You can do some expensive damage otherwise.

As I get into this software I'll post some useful tips for others, plus maybe a map or two to try.  My own 102 bhp at the back tyre map for a start... :wink:

oradbaforpsoft

I initially wanted it to save money on uploading downloading factory tunes.
The R3 forum had me interested in removing some of the limitations - top speed, first 2 gears governor, and as far as the Tiger goes, being able to disable the o2 sensor.
Back to the original question then.. If I can disable the o2 sensor via tuneECU, do I still need to use the dynojet plug ?
PS - Please include me on any perf mod tunes you have for the Tiger.

Bixxer Bob

I'm not going to be able to play with the software O2 disable till Monday at the earliest - I'm off to the Moto Gp tomorrow - but anyway, whether the O2 is disabled in the software or not, as long as you leave the O2 connected, you don't need the plug.  All the plug does is fool the ECU into thinking the O2 sensor is connected by giving a static voltage (it's simply a 3.3 ohm resistor if I remember corectly).  If it wasn't there you'd get the MIL light on all the time because the ECU would think there's a fault.  Another way to disable the O2 in the software - although a little more clumsy - is to remove all 14.5 - 14.7 values in the AF map.  Having said that, if you're going after horsepower, you want to set the AF map values to 13 first anyway.  12.8 to 13 is best power, 14.5-14.7 is best economy.  Above 14.7 is overheating and mass destruction....

(If this is all gobbledegook, Google "stoichiometric" and all will become clear).