News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Damn....

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 18, 2010, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Not Tiger related, but had a little "off" this afternoon.

Wife and I were heading home from Silverstone on the Blackbird in rain round Northampton and were filtering through some slow traffic.  I always take it easy with her aboard and the panniers on as the 'Bird is like a bus with the boxes on.   Anyway, came to a gap which I wasn't sure I could get through so stopped and was immediately hit on the left pannier and toppled right by a car that didn't stop.  Fortunately I got my foot down and held everything up just long enough for the car on my right to clear, but there was no way I was getting her back.  The car behind him realised I was in trouble and left room for me to lay her down in the road.

We jumped off and picked her up and were on our way again more or less straight away so didn't survey the damage till we got home.  Some big scratches on the fairing panel, but being 11 yrs old she's about due a repaint anyway.  Pannier saved everything else so no real harm done.  And the wife was a lot more laid back about it than I thought she'd be....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

:shock:
wow glad it turned out as good as it did . Could have been much worse ........

daveb

glad you are ok, close call Bob

Nick Calne

Glad you and Mrs Bixxer are OK. Least it wasn't the tiger!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

KuzzinKenny

Quote ( and the wife was a lot more laid back about it than I thought she'd be... )

She must have been in the bar at Silverstone before you left ??  :lol:

good to hear it was just the paint that got scraped !! did ya get there No plate ?? hit n run !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HappyMan

Wow, glad it all turned out o.k.  Sorry about the mishap.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

coachgeo

whew.... but if your time is due.. and that is all you get.... thank the stars above and all the forces you feel created them.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

John Stenhouse

Glad to hear your OK, next time just keep going.

Actually round there all the drivers are nuts anyway
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

aeronca

glad to hear all is well. i'll pour a stiff one and send a prost your way.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Yeah that was a close one ........................ She could have given you serious earache about that  :lol:

Glad to hear you are both non the worse.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Cheers guys.  Had a good day's racing today.  The new Silverstone circuit gets a big thumbs up from just about everyone (except Stoner) just one or two comments about bumps but the circuit manager explained some of the tarmac was laid in a hurry and was rippled up by some formula 3 guys doing donuts, so that'll be put right.

Some very close racing with our own Scott Redding getting a 4th in Moto 2,  Bradley Smith getting a 3rd in 125s and Ben Spies getting his first podium with a 3rd in GP.  

Ride of the weekend for me was Randy De Puniet.  His 6th in the race wasn't a fair result for the effort he put in.  The guy's had some crap bikes in the past, but this privateer Honda seems to be working, and boy did he work hard.  First he did £300 worth of public track days to get a jump on the others on new track knowledge.  Then Friday and Saturday he just went round and round and round in the practice sessions consistently clocking up more laps than anyone else an almost getting pole position - only being pipped in the dying seconds of qualifying.  He held third for a good part of the race but seemed to just lack a bit of self-belief in the last 3 or 4 laps.  

Oh, and had to admire the stamina of the young Scot of about 19yrs near us on the terrace.  No sleep for 2 nights, drank himself to a standstill, passed out an hour before the race, lay unconscious with the sun beating down on his  black PVC nun's outfit then woke during the warmup lap fresh as a daisy, cracked open a beer and started again.  Unbelievable.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...