News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Knocking noise !!!

Started by pauljones1227, August 26, 2004, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljones1227

I have an 05 Tiger, since new everytime you go over a bump there is a clonk/knocking noise coming from the front end of the bike, possibly under the tank or near the rad.

Something is definately loose but I can't for the life of me find whats causing this and I think it's getting worse.

Has anyone experienced this problem ??

Ta

Paul

PeterO

Mine does that too !   I've not worried about it yet though.

Peter

Brock

Have it checked by a dealer. That's what warranties are for.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

PeterO

A more pressing "warrantee issue" is the left foot peg which sheared off when I put my foot on it this afternoon :(

Looked like a bad casting .....  Dealer has swapped pillion peg for the time being and is ordering a new one.

Peter

sweetpete

I also have a knocking noise from the front of my 05, i also have a slight oil leak from the o/s/r of the engine , anyone else had this problem?????
Theres only one way of life.... and thats your own...

ATDRS

I too have the 05 knock. Doesnt bother me as it takes a pretty large bump to cause it.

While I have you here. Has anyone else had their 05's plastic fuel fittings replaced under warranty? Mine is going in today or tomorrow to have them replaced with metal ones. Takes about 15 minutes per the mechanic.

I was told that the first run of the 05s were put together with the plastic fittings but that the just released second run are coming with the updated metal ones. :?:

Brock

The fuel hose fittings thing is a recall for all (ALL) fuel injected Triumphs, whatever their age. Mine's going in next week.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

sweetpete

I have just been to the dealer regarding the front end knock and the oil leak on my 05 Tiger......

The knock over bumps is being caused by loose steering head bearings... get yours checked....

The oil leak is being caused by a missing 'o' ring on the dipstick.. again get yours checked....

SIBBO

Hi all

With regard to the fuel fittings dont wait for your recall to arrive,give a local dealer a call and they should sort it out.

I phoned jack lilley my local dealer (who i didnt purchase the bike from) and they sorted it the next day,in about 15mins.

When i purchased the bike i had to replace the white fitting as it was cracked and leaking,not knowing about the recall i was sold a replacement plastic one,i questioned j -lills over this and even though the recall was issued a month after my problem they gave me a oil filter as a good will gesture,thats what i call pretty decent !!!.

Dennisra12

I'm having a problem taht's got me stumped on my 05. I have 200 miles.

I have a "crunchy mechanical noise" when i decrease throttle.

Like a chain sound. When my wife is on there, It's worse on deceleration.

While giving it gas,  it dissapears.

I went to the dealer. he said to ride it out till I get 500 mile check up.

It's a little agravating on such an expense nice bike.

Other than that , I love it.

how much slack is 40mm? Could my chain be to tight with weight on it/

It sure seems loose sitting by itself.
2005 Tiger

1968 Tiger

pauljones1227

I had that 'ticking' chain sound on mine but it stopped after about 600 miles

sweetpete

I heard this noise on my 05, i put it down to a rumbling from the exhaust back box.................