News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

just bought a 2001 955 tiger what should i look out for

Started by shannonlec, August 07, 2011, 05:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannonlec

g'day im purchasing a 2001 tiger with 95,000klm's on the clock just asking if you have any wisdom on what i should look out for ?

and what resonable priced suspension upgrade for 60% tarmac 40% unsealed roads ?

just any tips on the tiger would be sensational i pick it up in 2 weeks and ride it from sydney to adelaide clocking up around 2200klm's looking forward to it

Timbox2

Have a look at this thread mate, Tiger weaknesses

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5256

But basically before you depart on your 2200km journey I would start the bike and let it idle until really warm and the cooling fan cuts in, should highlight whether you have any fuel or cooling issues.

Shocks is another matter, dunno whats available down under, in the UK you can pay between £300 and £800 depending on what you want and how willing you are to spend well earned on the bike, difficult decision for you as youve only just got the bike, but its relative, if you ride solo without much gear the cheaper options are ok I suppose, but for pillions or lots of gear you really need a decent custom built shock.

Ride the bike for a bit and see If its a keeper first, they are a great machine.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

CHECK the two female fuel connectors it's very important,because if they haven't been changed,they'll break when you try too at the bikes age,everthing else you can muddle through,but if they shear off and your on the road your stuffed,there is no fix apart from a breakdown truck.

How Triumph have got away without a metal recall I'll never know.