News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fall work on Rocinante

Started by Rocinante, September 26, 2011, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

I have finally found replacement parts on ebay after the crash last year, and now a front sub frame, headlight assembly and more is on the way from Germany at a fair price. Now I can take off the braces I put on the frame to keep it together for the last year.:)

I have also ordered inner parts(pistons etc) and tubes for the brakes, which really need an overhaul after 150000km.

As do the suspension. I have an offer to overhaul and add a custom made cartridge (emulator?) to the front forks to beef up the suspension a bit, and will probably overhaul the rear Øhlins as well.

Anyone done that to the forks?

The price is quite stiff but understandable from the work involved. And both the front and rear suspension feels very dead as it is now. It works all right in heavy/big dumps, but in small high frequent stuff it just doesn´t keep up. I have replaced oil and the springs are progressive, but I guess it´s just plain old and worn as it is now...
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Nick Calne

All ears to hear how this goes.  I think most of this is pretty much charted territory except the front suspension.  I find steamer forks, under heavy braking, quite frightening to be honest.

Alternative suggestion....I've often wondered whether later tiger forks from a Girly offer any advantage in these matters....wonder if they fit?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

Traxxion Dynamics did my front end with stiffer springs (.9 kg) and gold valve emulators.  I'm happy.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Traxxion Dynamics did my front end with stiffer springs (.9 kg) and gold valve emulators.  I'm happy.

thats the same exact front end set-up I got on my side hack rig
I like it on the hack ...solo it's a bit stiff for my liking.
But it is a good one ......................... :D

Nick Calne

I reckon you gotta paint that thing black to match the tigger, Mr Mustang.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Rocinante

Thanks guys.

The guy who does the fork rebuild has a very good reputation for customizing the suspension to your own weight and kind of riding, so I´ll go for this and cross fingers.

Nice rig Mustang. Black is the way to go, yes.
www.dagjen.no

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"I reckon you gotta paint that thing black to match the tigger, Mr Mustang.
This winters project.........too busy riding it in the good weather

Rocinante

I got a fairly large packet in the mail yesterday, containing headlight frame and assembly, speedo drive and cable, foot rests (to be customized, hopefully), etc etc. Some of it was necessary, some of it is for future use or just added on in a shopping frenzy, like the fan, starter relay, thermostat etc.

It looks very ship shape.
www.dagjen.no