News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigerbird

Started by rroske, August 18, 2010, 11:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rroske

Bought a 95 Steamer with a bad engine. (posted original on For Sale for anyone who needs parts) Am sticking a Thunderbird 900 in there. A.) What do I call it, B.) Is it blasphemy and C.) what can I expect the performance differences be.

thx!

Rocinante

Quote from: "rroske"A.) What do I call it

Thundercat, of course :roll:
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

R0B

The Tbird engine is in softer tune, about 68hp max. I have a couple of tbirds and I love 'em, but the tiger has more woof. I also have a trident, which I believe is the same spec as the tiger engine. With regards to your old engine where are you based?

Rob

rroske

Quote from: "R0B"The Tbird engine is in softer tune, about 68hp max. I have a couple of tbirds and I love 'em, but the tiger has more woof. I also have a trident, which I believe is the same spec as the tiger engine. With regards to your old engine where are you based?

Rob

I'm in Denver.. Thanks guys, new here. Any suggestions on putting more woof in the cat?

MtheTiger

QuoteThundercat, of course  :roll:  

+1

More woof:
http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... ight=power

It's not for Tbirds but anything similar will do I guess... :roll:
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue