News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Identify the part, please ! Part #1

Started by oradbaforpsoft, July 06, 2010, 06:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oradbaforpsoft

Today I had the tank and airbox off my 2003 955i Tiger. I taped/labeled everything I disconnected.
This connector did not connect to anything - wondering what it is for - I looked at the workshop manual and the Haynes manual - I guess I didn't know how to read it, but I can't find what the connector is for.
It has 2 wires into it: Yellow/Orange (or Yellow/red) and Brown/White.
I have include pictures.
In the first pic, it is the connector on the right.

FYI - The tank and airbox removal allowed me to get access to the O2 Sensor connector. I now have the dynojet o2 sensor eliminator installed, and the actual o2 sensor removed from the exhaust. Now waiting to find the right size bolt/washer to close up the hole where the o2 sensor was - like hens teeth. I think it is a M17 or M18. I had purchased a 12mm x 1.25 x 20mm - someone said this is what they used - was too small. So haven't started up the bike yet to see the expected improvement.

Last week I installed a new TOR and used TuneECU to download the correct tune. Saved $75 dealer dollars - woohoo!

Now waiting to find the right size bolt/washer to close up the hole where the o2 sensor was - like hens teeth.

Anyway, please help me identify this connector - I am always worried when I find open connectors.

Thanks
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

EvilBetty

Extra plug is for the California emissions.  Leave it be :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

Good give away on spare plugs is do they have the locking wire on them? If they don't then they're usually spare ones.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Advwannabe

So going by your definition John the plug on the right is the spare?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

John Stenhouse

If it had no wire in it when you found it, yes.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting