News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

speedometer stopped working

Started by pizzaman383, July 17, 2010, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizzaman383

I changed my tire last weekend and now the speedometer doesn't work.  I had to stretch the speedo sensor cable a bit to get things back together.  Do any of you have ideas on what might be the problem and what's likely to fix it?

Thanks!
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

tiger77

I had the same problem when I removed the front wheel.

Make sure the little magnet in the speedo sensor (attached to the plastic sensor housing) is aligned correctly, and the little tabs are all lined up with the grooves in the wheel hub.

Otherwise the speedo doesn't pick up any movement, and the speedo wont read at all.

Or something like that...

pizzaman383

Unfortunately, my speed sensor is frozen.  It looks like last time I installed it with the tabs pressing intobthe magnet.  I will need to get a new one.  Bummer!
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Advwannabe

The little connector half way up the cable can fill with grunge too. My cable stretched a little bit when  fitted the Rox risors. A year later a combo of grunge and stretch killed the cable.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180