News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Givi Luggage

Started by NeilD, September 24, 2010, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

recently bought this Givi topbox rack and mount for my Steamer...

P1010409 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

can anyone tell me which Givi topboxes will fit ? is it a monokey? also will the Triumph ones from the later bikes fit?

Mustang

any of the Monokey bags or top cases will fit it .........monolock stuff wont

the Triumph Branded bags that came with steamers with the wingrack add-on from a dealer
were :

E36N for the side bags  (36 liters each )

and the Topcase was an E45N  ...........45 liters

aeronca

brother neild, they fit the givi monokey. i have the the set on my steamer. make sure they lock in. i  was going down hy 410( a mountain pass here in washington) and my right bag fell off :shock:  felt like i blew a tire. i must not have seated it right(long night of drinking at the west coast tiger ride in :lol: ).  it's a great set up, and you will love them. search back a little and i put some pic's up of my bike with them on - give you some idea of what they look like 8)  i also fitted a set of military ammo can's to them - did'nt work out like i planned  - stick to the givi's :thumbsup  post up some pic's when there mounted.      eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NeilD

thanks for that.. I now know what to look for over the winter..  8)

Nick Calne

I have that rack and I use a Kappa box.  It all came with the bike. I've no idea about the details, manufacturer fixing bits, why's and wherefore's however.  I'll take a photo tomorrow if it helps.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

I was wondering about Kappa stuff as I've seen boxes advertised as Givi/Kappa..  I'll have to keep an eye on ebay - I bought a baglux tank cover today so will also be on th elook out for a tankbag to fit it  :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"I was wondering about Kappa stuff as I've seen boxes advertised as Givi/Kappa..  I'll have to keep an eye on ebay - I bought a baglux tank cover today so will also be on th elook out for a tankbag to fit it  :D

Most of the Givi and Kappa have the same fittings, had a Givi rack on the wifes SV650 and used a Kappa box.

Did you buy that blue Baglux tank cover on Ebay?

Was in two minds as to buy it myself, but thought against it as it wouldn`t match the new paint job.  :)

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"Did you buy that blue Baglux tank cover on Ebay?

yep  :D  hope its as good as it looks in the photo! just need to keep an eye out for a cheap bag now..

..what colour are you going for then??

rf9rider

White with a little red here and there.

8)