News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

not running on pots 1&3

Started by frankyboy, October 17, 2010, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankyboy

Hi,removed carbs to replace cracked inlet rubbers ,now good but will not run correctly on cylinders 1 & 3 ,is it problem with carb sync having adjusted tickover screw ,i understand this only affects number 2 cylinder..
love life love lyme ,

frankyboy

Quote from: "frankyboy"Hi,removed carbs to replace cracked inlet rubbers ,now good but will not run correctly on cylinders 1 & 3 ,is it problem with carb sync having adjusted tickover screw ,i understand this only affects number 2 cylinder..
still struggling any ideas
love life love lyme ,

MIMbox

Hi there.

Lots of very skilled bods on this forum, but  I they might need a bit more info on the problem.

1) was it running acceptably before you started the rubber replacement.
2) How do you define poor running on 1&2, ie will it tick over?
3) does it run with choke in/out
4) did you remove any electrical parts to remove carbs
5) Are you completely sure the seals are fully seated around the entire circumference of both the carb side and the inlet stub. It can be very hard to see clearly, and can cause severe running problems if they are drawing air.
 good luck!!

NeilD

yep #2 is the 'master' carb which is adjusted via the 'external' adjuster, then sync the other 2 from that....