News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Barometric sensor Tube

Started by Hassan, March 05, 2011, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hassan

Hi there,

One thing I've noticed before was that my Barometric (Air Pressure) sensor is plugged directly to the airbox.

So,without that tube.

Do I have to buy that part or can I just use it like this??

Bike is first generation Girly (model 1999)

Actually I didn't give much **** about it :D :D :D :D :D
\'99 885i

iansoady

I'm sure it'll run without it. ISTR that the pressure it will be sensing will be slightly below ambient due to the pull of the engine but suspect the effect is minimal.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

If reading ambient instead of airbox pressure, it'll run slightly rich owing to the ECU thinking there's more oxygen available than there actuall is.  Airbox pressure is never much below ambient though except if you grab a big handful at low revs.  Still won't make a lot of difference.  It's mainly for emmisions.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Hassan

10-4,

Well I need one I think,or I can do it myself maybe?

A similiar tube can be used...

It looks like same with the idle valve systems tubes.
\'99 885i

Bixxer Bob

As long as the tube is stiff enough not to be sucked flat.

Are you saying your IACV tubes are missing??? :shock:

Or just you want to use the same tube  :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Hassan

:D:D:D:D:D

No,the previous owner just changed them with another 4mm shitty tubes.

Very very low air flow inside.

By the way,my IACV system looks alright with tuneecu,but it keeps closed everytime except first few seconds.

It might be because of this barometric thing,maybe it thinks that bike is over Alps or somethin' :)
\'99 885i