News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So, has anyone done the Trophy slider conversion?

Started by R0B, August 09, 2010, 07:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

I'm gathering the parts to do the mag wheel conversion on my tigger. As I don't have any machine shop facilities I want to do plug and play. I'm going to swap my yokes to Trophy 900 ones and use the LSL handle bar conversion. I have a set of 1200 Trophy forks on their way to me. Has anyone actually done the Trophy slider conversion onto Tigger stanchions?, and if so, are there any pitfalls?

Thanks

Rob

rybes

alright Rob. if my memories serves me correctly, there was a streetfighters mag a few years ago that had that conversion. ill see if i can dig it out and let ya know ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

R0B

That would be great..................If there's any chance you could email me a copy, I'd be very interested in a look see.

Thanks

Rob

rybes

i found the mag now jus gotta work out how to scan it. i was wrong tho, he used trident forks.

rf9rider

Trophy/Trident forks are much the same.
Be interested in this as well as we`re both doing the change.  :)

rf9rider

Mr Rybes, does the article contain any info about rebuilding the actual forks?

If it does, you could always post the complete mag to me and i can scan and put it up on here, i`ll pay the postage costs and return it.  :D

rybes

MR rf9, unfortunatly it dosnt have anythin about rebuildin the forks. ive been told theres a scanner downstairs so im gunna give it a go later n see what happens :D

rf9rider

OK mate, no worries.
Will wait and see what you can do.  :)