News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ISVC location?

Started by haroldo_psf, August 27, 2010, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I have the service manual no order, but I have an air filter and fuel filter  at my house that I would like to install with the sticky topic instructions from this forum (thank you!). However, I would also like to try to lube the ISCV while I'm there. My bike, which I just got, has 50K miles on it, and it has an idling issue. It goes like this:

1) when I start it up, it idles OK. I can also rev and blip the throttle, and it comes back to normal idling.

2) when riding, it dies (stalls) when I come to a stop and pull the clutch (???). Riding is fine. Coming to a stop and pulling the clutch kills it when rpm drops.

So, I've done some research, and the ISVC seems to he a good place to start. I have one on order, but I'd like to get know my new baby, pull the tank this weekend, install a new air filter, fuel filter, and lube and clean the ISCV. Can someone tell me where it is and how does it look like? Is there a illuastrated thread somewhere that can help?
2000 Tiger 885i

Bixxer Bob

Haroldo, do you mean IACV???? :icon_scratch

If so, it's under the tank and airbox (tank and airbox have to come off) on the left just in front of the injectors. It might help to clean it, but it won't respond to being lubed - if it's faulty it'll need to be replaced.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

walker

I think it's because bikebandit refers to it as the "ISCV" when you look it up. It is the Idle Air Control Valve.... not sure why bikebandit has it as "ISCV" though.

second picture in this thread shows it...
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,42654

You can check the hoses going from it into the intakes - make sure they're not cracked and are all in place. The lines are fairly cheap compared to a new IACV.

haroldo_psf

Thank you. I one IACV coming. I wanted to know where it is, so I can ge tto it and replace it...my service manual hasn't come yet.

Thanks all
2000 Tiger 885i