News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Caliper Bolts Catching on Floating disc

Started by BigMark, September 05, 2010, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

My caliper bolts catch on the rings of my new ebc discs. The bolts are about 3 threads too long so for now i have just added a washer to the front which fixes that.

Anyone else had this?

TigerTrax

What year is your Tiger?

I have an '06 looking for floating discs & new calipers.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

BigMark

I have a 2005.

The Bolts are too long, they do not need to protrude that far and you can either shorten them or space them, either way they still get adequate purchase backed up with thread lock as always.

Bixxer Bob

I have a 2005 with EBCs,  no bolt issues..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

Hmm, That's queer!

When you get 5 mins Bob can you tell me if your bolts pock through t'other side of caliper much please.  (Macro shot would be good)

Timbox2

out of interest Ive still got standard discs but had a look at mine anyway, the bottom caliper bolt on  mine does come through a fair way  

2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Mine protrude about the same as Tim's ie one and a half threads.  Are your new rotors seated properly in the undercuts on the wheel before bolting them up?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

Yeh, that's all good. My bolts however protude by 3 threads.

Bixxer Bob

Non-OEM bolts perhaps? :icon_scratch

BigMark

Makes me wonder if the infidels that repaired the crash damage lost them! They only done a half arsed job on everything else.

Thanks for your time guys.  8)

BigMark

Some idiot put the discs on with the recess on the inside!  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

The other way round the hoops are less pronounced

What a Donkey...

Bixxer Bob

And the name of this donkey?????