News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

*Feeler - FS 2003 Tiger in Mississippi

Started by eatalotapeaches, September 20, 2010, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatalotapeaches

I owned this Tiger for 2 years and put about 40K on it.  Labor Day of 2009 it over heated.  During the winter we brought the bike to indoor storage and started disassembling her.  

Current condition is:  The cases are split.  The head has been pressure tested and is good.  4 or 5 valves are very slightly bent.  The block has been dingle berry brushed and freshened up.  

The best I recall this was the shopping list we came up with:  a set of valves, complete gasket kit, I figured a new oil pump while open, and there was one stubborn bolt that had to be coerced out.  I shopped around and found a dealer willing to give a small break and the parts added to about $800-900.  (If anybody has ties to a parts dealer let me know.)

Since then I have bought a new bike and wavered about putting her together only to sell it.  It is still parked indoors, but can't stay here indefinitely.  Is there any interest in this bike as she sits?  

It's really hard to say what the value is.  I will consider reasonable offers.

2003 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange 50k