News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Replacement Options for 2000 855i

Started by haroldo_psf, September 02, 2010, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I called HyperPro/Wilbur and they have a replacement shock for the 2001-2004 955i. Would that fit my 2000 855i?

I really like this bike so far, mostly. It is really annoying and frustraing how impossible it is to know what fits this damned thing and what doesn't. If I knew it was going to be this difficult, I might have changed my mind about geeting this bike.
2000 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

It should do, that was before they went cast wheel so I guess it's all the same til then. No guarantees though, I bought a White Power one that was listed for the 2000 model.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

514Advrider

You could compare rear suspension part numbers between 885i and 955i on the diagrams available on bikebandit.com (swingarm, etc..). It might help to figure this out.

pizzaman383

You could check with Suspensions by Sasquatch at http://www.sasquatchrider.com.  He's got a 2000 tiger and sold me a HyperPro for my 2004.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Chris Canning

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"I called HyperPro/Wilbur and they have a replacement shock for the 2001-2004 955i. Would that fit my 2000 855i?

I really like this bike so far, mostly. It is really annoying and frustraing how impossible it is to know what fits this damned thing and what doesn't. If I knew it was going to be this difficult, I might have changed my mind about geeting this bike.

It'll fit,and were you need to make sure don't get mislead is with different part numbers like the silencer it's the same part,just different numbers  :roll: