News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

weird activity

Started by deepsouthtiger, September 06, 2010, 04:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepsouthtiger

engine lights been on for "awhile"

Bike was running fine (I had tried the 3-4 engine run "cycles" trick but light still on)
ANd this evening on a short diner run as I approached a light and let off the throttle the engine "held" at 2000 rpm, and at the same time the temp gauge dropped to zero!  as I sat at the light "pondering" (about 10 seconds) the bike settled into regular idle and the gauge jump back up to normal operating temp........engine light still on.  Didn't do it again the rest of the evening.
 :?:

Thoughts?????
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

Bixxer Bob

Down load the free tuning software and buy an ebay lead then you can read the fault codes yourself.  While you're waiting for the lead to come, check all your plugs and sockets for water ingress, including under the ECU.  There are big gaps in the undertray that let water and dirt in from the back wheel.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

deepsouthtiger

Well,
  loosened the radiator cap.......replaced the cap, and then unhooked the neg battery cable......took her for a ride, and .....well lights out, and temp gauge working fine......I did order the cable....but trouble finding the download, do you have a link?
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

fbarbas

Here is the link:

http://www.tuneecu.com/

Google "TuneECU" to find more info

Cheers
Triumph Tiger 955i 2001 8-)
Honda Shadow 750 1983 SOLD 8-(