News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Horn

Started by Slowmow, September 21, 2010, 06:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowmow

I recently got my Tiger and took my wife for a spin. For some reason I pressed the horn and she just burst out giggling. Well to say the least the standard horn on the Tiger is embarrassing.  Can't even hear it when I do 130 km/h.

I purchased a new air horn and tried to fit it to the standard horn's place but it didn't fit.

Please post a pic of where you fitted a bigger horn on your Tiger

Here are some pics of the air horn. Its about the same size as a Stebel horn.

2005 Tiger 955i Owner

2008 KLR650

Bixxer Bob

Mine's on my Touratech crash bars on the right side, but if you haven't got bars, most folks seperate the compressor from the horns and stash it under the seat.  Put the horns up front and connect with standard air hose.

Have a search around on here under Stebel.  There's loads of ideas.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

n4naked

a stebel magnum will fit as a direct replacement for the stock horn.....no need for splitting etc but it's not as loud as a nautilus.....but it is much louder than stock.

jsingraham

I have the Stebel Nautilus, and on my 06, it fits under the rear rack, and above the rear fender.  I don't think I have any Pics, but it is pretty simple to do. Just take rack off and sit it in there and wire it up by unhooking the ground switch for the factory horns to the relay for the air horn.  I did put some cushioning rubber/foam on mine to keep it somewhat protected from the bouncing around,  but no issues of yet with it for the past 3 yrs.  Since it is under that pan, it probably is muted a bit, but Much, Much Much louder than stock!

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

BEEZZER

Seperate the compressor from the trumpet . Compressor under seat and trumpet where you fancy. Mine is on right side on the frame.

Slowmow

Thank you BEEZZER.

This looks to be the best place to put it. Will probably do it this week end.
2005 Tiger 955i Owner

2008 KLR650