News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

o2 sensor eliminator / Bypass supplier in the UK ?

Started by BigMark, October 13, 2010, 11:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

As title, can anyone point me in the right direction for my ole pig (2005)

Thanks.

On second thoughts, I have been told that by Dnojet that I cannot have one without a Power commander.  Is this true?

Bixxer Bob

Mark,  first: why do you want one?  I thought you had a rare beast in that it runs properly?

Assuming you too are having surging / light throttle low revs issues, the bypass isn't going to make much difference, but to answer your question: you don't HAVE to have a PC - that's just sales pressure.

All the bypass does is trick your ECU into thinking the O2 sensor is connected when its not.  They are recommending the PC to alter your fuelling, but that's just as easy to do using TuneECU and it's free (except for the cable which is cheaper than a bypass).  And if you're going to use Tune ECU, you might as well alter all the A/F ratios that are 14.5 -14.7 to below 14.  It'll have the same effect as fitting a bypass (but for free) because the ECU only goes into closed loop (ie looking at the O2 sensor for data) when it's using an area of the map that is in that range.

Sooo, to recap, what are you trying to do?

And if you're hell-bent on one,  I've got one you can borrow for a couple of weeks if you like.  Oh, and I read somewhere that all it is inside it is a 3.5k resistor.... must check that out sometime  :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

Hey,

Well yeh, my bike has always been as good as gold and I am not actually sure what the problem is as I don't know what the "common" surge feels like. , could be a number of things. It is going into the doctors next week to have a service and they will have a poke around to see what is what, first things mentioned due to where I have been was in order

1)   Shitty Fuel/Filter Problem
2)   Throttle something or other
3)   Chain

The o2 wasn't mentioned at all, I was thinking that if I had one just in case (Wink)

It started playing up somewhere in Albania on a shitty gritty Mountain Track (I remember it clearly) and since then I have noticed that at revs up to 4 – 5k it feels just like a mild case of running out of fuel..  Another thing I noticed was between 80mph & 120mph there is an intermittent vibration that is quite noticeable and happens at regular intervals every other second or so regardless of speed variation...

If you have all the parts then I will not worry about sourcing anything, I will see what the doctor prescribes and then if need be I will pop round with a "Cable" (or buy one off you) and you can tune it for me.. Then we can drink some beer!

Bixxer Bob

Rough running might be water in fuel -especially as you've been filling up in eastern europe.  That or blocked fuel filter for the same reason.  I had water in the fuel recently -saw it happen as I opened the filler cap to fill up - and it ran rough up to midrange for a few miles before settling down.  Still got a cupful of water out of the tank back home afterwards.

Vibration could be stiff links.  Put her on the centre stand and spin the wheel while looking at the chain.  As the chain comes off the rear sprocket it should straighten smoothly.  If it doesn't, and you have the odd "elbow" sticking up, you have stiff links.

Regarding the O2 bypass, it's unlikely you'll need it, but we could have a looksee with Tune ECU at some point if reqd  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Regarding 80-120 mph vibration every second or thereabouts: a replacement front sprocket sorted that out for me... Doing three times more chain than the rear sprocket, they wear fast.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S