News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 955I TPS adjust tuneecu

Started by malc, September 27, 2010, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

I have connected my tune ecu to the bike & when I open the throttle the max it will go to is 74% open I have taken the tank off & checked butterfly,s & they are open fully I have re set tps on tune ecu & still same so my next stop is to adjust TPS.
Unless anyone has had this before & can advise me on another way

Cheers Malc
its grrreaaattttttttt

walker

my guess is that this is a TuneECU thing. They all read that (from what I understand). I checked 2 different tigers, and they both read like that.

Look for smooth progression as you open it - make sure there are not jumps or gaps or areas where it can't get a good reading (move the throttle really slow).

Bixxer Bob

Only getting around 74% is normal.  The Tuneboy documentation warns of this anomaly, it's nothing to worry about.

Doesn't make any sense either though..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Advwannabe

It might be an airflow dynamics thing. Once a butterfly valve passes about 65 degrees open it effectively flows the same as WFO. Most motorcycle companies know this but set their tps sensors to 100% at WFO anyway.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

oradbaforpsoft

It's normal for TUNEECU - Hate to say it, but read the TUNEECU documentation.
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

malc

Yes very true I read it about 3hrs after posting Im finding out that instructions do help
its grrreaaattttttttt