News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear turn signals help please

Started by hooligan971, October 04, 2010, 05:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooligan971

We got back yesterday and the brackets that Happy Trail didn't have in stock when I ordered my boxes had arrived. They aren't made from aluminum angle like the pics on their site. They are just very thin ga sheet metal, bent at a 90 degree angle with a couple of holes drilled in them. Very flimsy and unpainted. Also, they don't fit (won't clear the exhaust side) That side is fine stock anyway, but the left side signal stem is about 7/8" too long and hits the box. There is enough room on the stem to shorten it this much if I can find a way. I don't want to try surgery on my existing signals, but if I had one to fiddle with I think I could probably figure out a way to shorten them to make them work in the factory configuration, which I think looks much better than turned down with brackets anyway.Anybody have a parts bike with a spare L rear turn signal assembly they want to get rid of ? Anybody know of an aftermarket source for shorter signals that will work ? All of the ones I can find online have a different mount that wont work on the 99-00 Tiger.Did all Girlies use the same rear signals ?
Thanks,
     Patrick
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)

Bixxer Bob

Not just Girlies of that age, many models used the same indicators.  Ebay  Triumph indicators and find a one that looks right.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...