News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Countdown...

Started by abruzzi, October 06, 2010, 12:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Only 17hours and 49 minutes before Triumph unveils the bike we've all already seen everything on through "leaked" photos.

I want one.  (XC)

Geof

Mustang

gonna wait and see ...for new england I still like my 450 honda best for a woods bike

JetdocX

If it's anything close to the BMW 800GS at a reasonable price point without all the electronic doohickies, I may be in.  I can't wait to ride one! :twisted:  

Oh, hell, I think I may have just turned into a corporate whore for Triumph. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Quote from: "JetdocX"If it's anything close to the BMW 800GS at a reasonable price point without all the electronic doohickies, I may be in.  I can't wait to ride one! :twisted:  

Oh, hell, I think I may have just turned into a corporate whore for Triumph. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

That's what I'm thinking. It'll never replace a real dirt bike (I have a KTM 250XCF for that). But I could see replacing my steamer (sacrilege...) with it. Something with more umph than my 640adv, but lower weight than the steamer.

Though In truth, it'll probably be a year or two before cash reserves are at a level to afford it.  I'm guessing $12-13k.

Geof

Spud

After doing nearly 1800 miles in Scotland recently I would suggest the new bike would have to be something pretty smucking fart to get me to part with my cash. Saying that a light weight Tiger does sound very appealing so I will have a good look well they are out, a test ride maybe then make my mind up.  :wink:  cheers Spud

Bixxer Bob

I use my Blackbird for two-up touring; it's hard on my wrists these days but the wife prefers it to the Tiger.  And it's nice knowing if I go for an overtake with a pillion and three cases full of hairdryers I've got more than enough horses on tap.

Tiger is for me only, although SHMBO grudgingly will ride short distances on it hence it being the tool of choice for trailing behind the motorhome.

Before the Tiger I had a 650GS which was great fun for hooning around on, but was just slightly short of power for long distance work or two-up. If this new Tiger is comfy enough to keep her happy, cheap enough compared with the 800GS, has enough power to be competent two-up then the big bonus will be its weight compared with the Girly when loading and unloading the trailer.  Anyone that's tried to load a Girly on a trailer single-handed will know it's not up there with any notion of fun ...

I guess what I'm really saying is if it's light and has a halfway decent pillion, I'm sold  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ChazzyB

Quote from: "abruzzi"Only 17hours and 49 minutes before Triumph unveils the bike we've all already seen everything on through "leaked" photos.

Wrong! Another 27 days... looks like EICMA gets the debut.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

ChazzyB

Quote from: "abruzzi"Only 17hours and 49 minutes before Triumph unveils the bike we've all already seen everything on through "leaked" photos.

Wrong! Another 27 days... looks like EICMA gets the debut.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

abruzzi

damn, the countdown doohickey on the website is totally bogus...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "abruzzi"damn, the countdown doohickey on the website is totally bogus...

it's past the point of bein interestin, now it just pi$$in me off !!  :evil:

KK

ps not voted !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"Oh, hell, I think I may have just turned into a corporate whore for Triumph. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Vaseline at the ready  :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "JetdocX"Oh, hell, I think I may have just turned into a corporate whore for Triumph. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Vaseline at the ready  :pottytrain2

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

oxnsox

QuoteI guess what I'm really saying is if it's light and has a halfway decent pillion, I'm sold
+ 1
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

durant

I might be interested if it is relatively bullshit-free, though the hype so far doesn't give one a lot of hope.  The main attraction for me would be less weight than my Girly, and less oragami-Flash Gordon-aimed at the fifteen-year-old market design.  Beaks, needlessly goofy-looking headlights that look like Bill the Cat or an insect don't impress me.  Neither does folded plastic with zig-zag decals.  And Roadies look like they are grabbing their ankles while waiting for something to happen to them.  I wish that the general motorcycle market was directed in a less juvenile way.
Sorry to sound so cynical, and I do like my Tiger.

Advwannabe

Looks fantastic, but I don't know if it will tour as well as a Girly, which if I'm honest is my main use.

But Damn, it might be worth it to pick up that off road ability, so it would have to be the XC for me when I can scrape the sheckels together and convince the boss to let me keep the Daytona as well.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180