News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A tiny oil leak..

Started by Basri..., August 20, 2010, 08:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basri...

I have this after 12-13 hrs parking the bike;

I think it is from the neutral switch;

If it is from the neutral switch, will wait till next oil change, which is after 3000 km, and put a cupper washer at the bottom of switch.
What is my maximum thickness limit with the washer, if it is too thick, will not read the neutral gear i belive..

If it is not the switch, anybody experienced this before ?  Where else can it be ?..

Thanks...
Basri,

since 1965...

BruKen

if that is all she has leaked you had better put some oil in :lol:  :roll:

On a more serious note, the best way to trace an oil leak is to clean the bike thoroughly and then dust with talc powder and then run. You may be amazed to find where the oil leak does actually come from.

Mustang

shift shaft oil seal is the usual culprit and where I would be looking
also heavy chain oil use will do this

this puddle is under mine right now from leaving the chain oiler turned on for over a hundred miles yesterday .
chain is pretty juicy right now  :ImaPoser

Basri...

Thanks for the replys,

for sure it is not the oil from the chain, oil on the floor is very clean like new out of the bottle..

Will check shift shaft oil seal and the neutral switch at next oil change.

Until than, no worries after seing other leaks.. :)
Basri,

since 1965...

MIMbox

Could be from the Alternator O-ring, oil finds its way down, via that switch, and can be hard to see.

MtheTiger

Quotechain is pretty juicy right now :ImaPoser

LOL

chain drips like an old fart huh
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Basri...

Recently made many valve cover work and lost many oil, did not replace any oil at all...

Pulled the oil measurament stick and see still have  too much extra oil in the engine, don't care much because will change oil after 1500 km and put right amount in it than...

Do we have an oil discharge system, which i think coused my tiny oil leak ?...

Because it is not leaking any more since i lost some oil (still have about a liter extra)
Basri,

since 1965...

BruKen

Quote from: "Basri..."Recently made many valve cover work and lost many oil, did not replace any oil at all...

Pulled the oil measurament stick and see still have  too much extra oil in the engine, don't care much because will change oil after 1500 km and put right amount in it than...

Do we have an oil discharge system, which i think coused my tiny oil leak ?...

Because it is not leaking any more since i lost some oil (still have about a liter extra)

Get rid of that extra litre of oil as quick as you please sir. I have seen a goodly number of bikes that have had moderate to serious damage done caused by excessive oil and resultant crank case pressure. At the very least you will be dismayed at the price of a gasket set at most rupturing the true fit. It is only one itty bolt that needs loosening.

Basri...

Quote from: "BruKen"Get rid of that extra litre of oil as quick as you please sir.

Thank you Sir,

I'll get rid of it tomarrıow... Thanks for this important warning...
Basri,

since 1965...

MtheTiger

-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue