News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How is the idle speed adjusted on this bike? (00 885i)

Started by haroldo_psf, October 01, 2010, 09:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Ninety six quid  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

They're havin' a larf no?  And £45 shipping?? that's just taking the pi$$.  Are you sure you're only getting the sensor ?  :roll:

I got raped, didn't I?

Do you know if it's hard to replace?
2000 Tiger 885i

Bixxer Bob

I had a quick look and it seems the mounting is external on the left side of the crankcase, one bolt holding it in place.  the cable connector is hidden somewhere up the back of the cylinders but shouldn't be too hard to find.  If you get stuck I'll delve into the manual tomorrow.

Did you get the Tune driver file ok?

I had alook at world of triumph, the 855i sensor is way more expensive than the 955i at £52 - which still a helluva lot.  Tracked shipping should have been no more than a tenner  :cry:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I had a quick look and it seems the mounting is external on the left side of the crankcase, one bolt holding it in place.  the cable connector is hidden somewhere up the back of the cylinders but shouldn't be too hard to find.  If you get stuck I'll delve into the manual tomorrow.

Did you get the Tune driver file ok?

I had alook at world of triumph, the 855i sensor is way more expensive than the 955i at £52 - which still a helluva lot.  Tracked shipping should have been no more than a tenner  :cry:

Thanks for the research you did. I emailed World of Triumph, and they replied back basically saying that their system calculates volumetric weight (how big something is, not necessarily how heavy) and the applies the estimated shipping charges. Sometimes they make money, some times they loose money on shipping charges. The representative said he understands the volumetric weight of that sensor is little although the system calculated it too high based solely on the cost of the item, and when its ready to ship, he will charge me their cost of shipping, and it should be way less.

I have the service manual now, it finally arrived a couple of days ago from Ebay (replica), so don't bother looking it up, I'll do that myself now that I can!

Let's see if this thing fixes the confused idling this bike has. I can't wait to be done with the restoration work on this thing and post a full report from start (when the bike was left for dead) to finish (when it came back from the dead and became awesome )

The previous owner, who sold it to me for next to nothing since he couldn't get it to run right, is already joking he wants it back  :)
2000 Tiger 885i