News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brake keeps leaking

Started by Zorst, October 09, 2010, 07:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorst

Yeah thats right. Brake fluid keeps seeping from between the cover and the reservior on the front brakes.

At first i thought the previous owner had put too much in so i drained some out but its still doing it although not as much.

Then i thought. On my bike in this order, it has the reservior then the fluid follow by a rubber moulding then the metal lid.

Is everyone elses like this?

On other bikes i've had i seem to remember a plastic moulding between the rubber moulding and the metal lid?

Thanks in advance.

KuzzinKenny

Hey Zorst !! sounds fine to me but have a looky here.....

http://www.bikebandit.com/2005-triumph- ... 5sch568723

it might still be to full !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Zorst

Nice one KK.

That's just the info i was looking for.

Well according to that, i have all the parts.

Hmmm......

EvilBetty

Make sure the rubber gasket is not kinked and is seated correctly.  Check for bits of grime or cracks.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Zorst

I still not convinced, although according to the diagram i have all the parts.

The rubber diaphragm is in good order and on some other bikes this is used with a solid phastic diaphragm before the lid goes on.

can't understand why its missing on the Girly.

ST1100 pan euros have it. Fazer 600 etc.

iansoady

There's just the rubber gasket on mine. Either the gasket or the seating on yours must be damaged - never had fluid leak from mine at all.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

cosmo

I have seen people fill the bellows with fluid, which will guarantee a leak. Make sure the bellows is completely dry before you install the lid.

Oh, and it must be completely collapsed, too.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

KuzzinKenny

Just had a thought  :idea:  altho my thoughts are usually dangerous  :shock:

is the rubber bellows/gasket thingy the right way around ?? i think theres an air gap groove that should be uppermost so the bellows/gasket can draw air in !! if that makes sense   :?

worth checkin !!

KK

ps i se yer in the UK so....

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... ts_locator
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Zorst

Thanks for the input lads.

Because of the way that the rubber diaphragm is made, (it has a recess and a lip around the outer edge) there is only one way that it can be inserted into the reservoir.

It's still doin it, very very slightly, but i know its there. :x