News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stator re-wind on an 2000 885i

Started by haroldo_psf, October 12, 2010, 04:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

As the project continues....

Now that the engine is running well, the suspension is being upgraded, I will need to address the electrical system.

The reason why I got this project bike (a very beat up 2000 885i with 50K) is to ride it to the Artic Circle northern border of Alaska in 2012.

I will be running heater gear and maybe some auxiliary lighting. I want to re-wind the stator. I found on this site  a couple of places that do it, not sure of the cost yet. BUT...what about the regulator? Will the stock work after I re-wind it?

Has anyone done this? If so, can you share your experience?
2000 Tiger 885i

Mustang

uhmmmm  , an 885 I has an external alternator , just like the steamers and usually are pretty bullet proof and require no mods . they put out around 380 watts of power

haroldo_psf

Quote from: "Mustang"uhmmmm  , an 885 I has an external alternator , just like the steamers and usually are pretty bullet proof and require no mods . they put out around 380 watts of power

thanks! That's good to know. So, I might be good then! I will find out how much power I have available for accessories. It must say it in the manual, I will look when I get home.
2000 Tiger 885i