News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

multi coloured clock swap

Started by rybes, February 14, 2011, 03:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

afternoon all  :D  im thinkin of maybe puttin a set of white dials from a daytona on me tiger. what id like to know is, the tiger clocks have 140 on them and the daytona ones have 200 on them. will the daytona clocks read right if i put em on a tiger ? if not is it an easy fix ? i was thinkin it might just need a change of speedo drive. what ya reckon ?

cheers all  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Can't answer that off the top of me head, but for what it's worth the white clocks on ther Girlies are rubbish - at dusk you can't see the numbers at all.

Oh, and "Multi coloured clock swap...", wasn't that hosted by Noel Edmunds in the 90's????? :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

must admit I'd assumed that the speedo drive ratio at the wheel was what they changed rather than at the clock.. but I dont know... you'll have to try it out, and if you see 200mph on the clock then you'll know for sure!  :D

edit: 'coolhanduke' has 'em on his bike so hopefully he'll be along to let us know!

rybes

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Oh, and "Multi coloured clock swap...", wasn't that hosted by Noel Edmunds in the 90's????? :oops:

:lol: yup but its older than that i used to watch it when i was likkle im 39 now :imaposer

cheers neil. i was lookin throo his posts for it but couldnt find nuffin on it. maybe i didnt look hard enough. always a possibility when im involved :lol:

rf9rider

Forgot about mine then?
 :lol:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9918#59918

Although with mine i have the Trophy front end, i haven`t ridden it yet since fitting these, but i reckon mine should read ok.

But i think the speedo drives are the same part number, so it might be the gearing is in the clocks?

NeilD

think it probably is in the drive as the normal Thunderbird with 18" front wheel has different speedo drive to the 'Sport' with 17", but they have the same p/n speedo...   aargh these nightshifts just fly-by!  :D

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"Forgot about mine then?
 :lol:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9918#59918

Although with mine i have the Trophy front end, i haven`t ridden it yet since fitting these, but i reckon mine should read ok.

But i think the speedo drives are the same part number, so it might be the gearing is in the clocks?

forgot about it ? i completely missed it  :roll: ive had a dig about in the triumphs part catalouge and it appears that the speedo drive has differnt part numbers altho the washer thingy that fits in it is the same regardless of the model.  
if my cloudy brain is workin right. somewhere back in england ive a magazine areticle showing you how to recalibrate mechanical speedos ? no, not robot pants !  i like things to be right. ocd, ya gotta love it :lol: im goin over in march so ill see if i can dig it up.

rf9rider

My mistake then, i thought that part numbers were the same, although i might have been looking at Trident, Trophy part numbers as i`ve done the fork swap.  :oops:

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"My mistake then, i thought that part numbers were the same, although i might have been looking at Trident, Trophy part numbers as i`ve done the fork swap.  :oops:

yep they are the same for those with the same dia. front wheel..